Retail Market Leader
Select Bank & Trust Charlotte, NC
- Expired: December 04, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Select Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
PAY TRANSPARENCY STATEMENT
Select Bank & Trust will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
The Metrolina Market Leader will oversee the following branches Charlotte, Cornelius, Rock Hill and Blacksburg. This position will be housed in Charlotte. This position is responsible for overseeing the performance of the retail banking system for a specific market of the Bank. Manages the development of the market in terms of deposits and loans for small business and consumer customers. Coordinates and encourages the growth of business through the motivation of a strong business development program. Works with retail staff to develop the most technical and the highest level of business for a specified market of the Bank by building relationships with current and potential customers and servicing their banking needs as necessary. Seeks to grow a strong and resourceful staff that will continue to build the strong reputation for the Bank in the market; one that will strive to bring in business and increase fee income for the Bank in accordance with individual and branch goals.
- A four year degree in a business-related subject or the equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of retail banking
- Well-versed in compliance procedures and the banking regulatory environment, especially concerning retail lending and branch administration
- Regulatory compliance requirements particularly concerning CRA
- Managerial techniques
- Knowledge of the communities impacted by key business contacts is desired.
- Seven years’ experience in a retail banking function
- Business development experience with successful achievement of individual and branch goals
- Must be familiar with the overall aspects of retail products
- Well-developed managerial skills
- Proven experience evaluating and motivating a staff
- Expertise understanding and developing business in key markets
- Able to oversee a market and direct staff toward success
- Strong business development and marketing skills
- Small business and retail lending experience
- The ability to listen to staff and customer needs and determine the most advantageous options that will increase production and elevate Bank revenues
- Proficient computer skills with expertise on Microsoft systems
- The ability to prepare and conduct performance appraisals that will motivate the staff to perform at high levels and strive to exceed goals
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech are required. Manual dexterity is necessary. A valid North Carolina driver’s license is required. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Mental Demands: Learning, thinking, listening and concentration are required. Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material. The ability to work under stressful conditions is essential. Must be able to meet deadlines and motivate a staff to work efficiently and within specific time constraints.
- Oversees the retail banking function for a specific market of the Bank, including directly managing their home branch.
- Ensures profitability of retail customer relationships for a market and ensures retail customer satisfaction.
- Participates in the Bank’s business development program.
- Motivates employees in the market to perform at such a level that will allow them to accomplish tasks and meet and exceed goals set for them and the Bank.
- Conducts performance appraisals for appropriate staff. Makes efforts to increase productivity and assure the staff is trained to perform at a high level of competency.
- Ensures the branch offices in the market are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Creates and develops marketing plans and strategies for the market in an effort to increase deposits and loans for the Bank for both small business and consumer customers.
- Meets with high level customers and potential customers to discuss their banking needs.
- Maintains an awareness of competitive trends that may influence product offerings, services, yields and customer needs.
- Adheres specifically to all Bank policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
- Remains knowledgeable of all Bank services and takes every opportunity to sell and cross-sell when possible.
- Participates in various community activities as opportunities arise to promote the products and services of the Bank.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Performs other duties as required.
Select Bank & Trust
BusinessView all jobs at Select Bank & Trust