SelecTransportation Resources, LLC Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $105,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
SelecTransportation Resources, LLC, a group of heavy truck dealerships with 400+ employees, located along the Gulf Coast of Texas and headquartered in Houston. Our group of dealerships operates on an internally designed ERP system which was developed by our affiliated company, SelecSoftware, LLC. This system went live January 24, 2016. Since GO LIVE technology has evolved in many ways and we are now looking to convert the application to a better and newer solution using new technologies in the market so we can better serve our employees and customers.
Our firm needs a Database Developer to join our growing team. We are looking for a professional with experience developing database solutions, fine tuning, and performance enhancing database objects. The successful applicant will work with executive, business analyst, and developers and aid in the enhancement of the new software system in place and development of new solutions to the system.
A professional database developer will keep the database up and running smoothly at all times. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views.
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner.
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data.
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Proven working experience as a Database developer.
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, and integrity.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation, and coding.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Strong experience developing triggers, stored procedures, indexes, constraints, and functions.
- Hands on experience on database archiving.
- Strong experience in database restoration from backup and transactional logs restoration.
- Strong experience in database tuning.
- Strong demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL Server Development including: creation of tables / schema-definition, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers and performance optimization.
- Experience working with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Experience with Azure devops (plus)
- BS/MS degree in a computer science / Information system or relevant certification
- At least 5 yrs. experience in database development
Will be based on education and experience.
Employment Type and Duration
This is a full time position with 90-day evaluation period
This position offers full remote, partial remote, or in office per the preference of the candidate.
For the past 11 years Houston Freightliner & Western Star, a subsidiary of SelecTransportation Resources, has been designated a top place to work in Houston by the Houston Chronicle. Our employees are our greatest assets and we strive to offer a workplace in which they can achieve their personal and career goals. As the only Houston truck dealership with this achievement we are motivated to continue to create a challenging and rewarding, but most importantly fun environment where employees feel truly cared about and listened to.
SelecTransportation Resources, LLCWhy Work Here?
Rated a Top Place to Work by the Houston Chronicle for the past 11 consecutive years!
SelecTransportation Resources is your premier commercial transportation dealership family in the State of Texas. In the forty county Gulf Coast region of our state we are Daimler Trucks North America’s Elite Support Certified Freightliner, Western Star, and Fuso dealership group, with expertly trained sales, parts, service, and body shop staff. With 4.6 average stars on Google Maps, SelecTrucks of Houston is the highest rated pre-owned commercial truck dealership in Texas. Thomas Bus Gulf Coast serves the entire State of Texas with its product range of school buses, commercial buses, and specialty bus vehicles. Under its current ownership, SelecTransportation Resources, headquartered in Houston, Texas has grown to several locations in Houston, Beaumont, Corpus Christi, Conroe, and Lufkin over the past two decades. For the past 11 years Houston Freightliner & Western Star, a subsidiary of SelecTransportation Resources, has been designated a top place to work in Houston by the Houston Chronicle. Our employees are our greatest assets and we strive to offer a workplace in which they can achieve their personal and career goals. As the only Houston truck dealership with this achievement we are motivated to continue to create a challenging and rewarding, but most importantly fun environment where employees feel truly cared about and listened to.
8799 North Loop EastHouston, TX