SelecSource Norcross, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $85,000 to $100,000 Yearly
Our manufacturing client in Norcross, GA is adding a very hands on Purchasing Manager to their team who can support all aspects of the procurement function: commodity management, maintaining a strong supply base, price negotiations, collaboration with production planning, inventory control, logistics and resource management. This person will manage a team of 4-5 Buyers and will report to the VP of Ops. Compensation is commensurate with experience but range is $85-100k. Annual bonus (typically around 10%) and great benefits package too!
- Personally manage more than $1M in annual purchases.
- Manage day to day activities of the purchasing function and staff to maintain competitive cost, maximize timely delivery of products/services, and support the company’s annual operational objectives.
- Manage, publish and monitor the Corporate Vendor Rating System and manage associated supplier quality programs required to support the business requirements.
- Drive vendor performance improvement where needed.
- Analyze trends and market conditions regarding pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity - adjusting sourcing plans and planning parameters as required to maintain continuity of supply.
- Establish and publish roadmaps for future expectations 1-3 years into the future.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget.
- Manage and coach procurement team staff including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Define and promote continuous improvement activities.
- Comply with all ISO 9001 procedures.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business or Operations Management
- 5+ years in a Purchasing Management role within a fast paced, high volume Manufacturing company
- Experience managing a staff of 5 (or more)
- MRP experience with multiple product lines
- Willingness to be on-site in the facility 5 days/week
BusinessView all jobs at SelecSource