Physician, MD or DO
Job Title: Physician
Department: SVT Health & Wellness
Supervisor: Health Center Director
Supervises: Provides medical oversight of the medical team as a whole
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seldovia Village Tribe provides health care to all patients as a Community Health Center in the State of Alaska. Additionally, Seldovia Village Tribe serves the Alaskan Native/American Indian beneficiaries living in the Seldovia and Homer area.
Ensure integration of complementary medicine with the focus of care on the whole person. Engage staff and facilitate change to assure integration of health care to meet or exceed PCMH requirements. Provide clinical direction for QI/QA program across SVT Health & Wellness ensuring that clinical quality measures and outcomes are developed, implemented, and coordinated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote Quality Improvement, Quality Assurance, Clinical Staff Development, and the provision of high-quality patient care through activities such as:
- Develop, monitor, and adopt clinical standards
- Participate in weekly meetings, to include All Staff, Back Office, CQI, Risk Management, EHR, Complex Case Management, and others as assigned
- Medical Consultation with providers in person, by telephone, or e-mail
- Community Liaison:
- Interface with the medical community as directed by Administration to enhance collaborative working relationships and address inter-agency needs and issues
- Risk Management:
- Assist in development and monitoring of risk management program for SVT Health & Wellness
- Assist in addressing patient outcomes
- Participate in development and review of workflow and policy/procedures
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all clients and their families and health center information
- Protect the security of all patient, medical/dental, records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained following HIPAA and PPI regulations as outlined in SVT and SVTHW policy and procedure
- Follow federal, state, and local legal guidelines (to include but not limited to HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, and ICWA)
- Follow license criteria and regulations
- Maintain an active Physician license within the State of Alaska
- Maintain an active DEA licensure
- Maintain Board certification including continuing education requirements
- Promotes communication and program development by participating in clinic, and appropriate local health service meetings
- Communicates clearly and respectfully to all employees and community contacts
- Develops and maintains cooperative and professional working relationships with other local and regional health care providers, agencies, community groups, and programs to enhance public relations
- Promotes facility programs at every possible opportunity
Successful completion of an approved Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy program.
Board Certified or Board Eligible in area of chosen specialty
At least 3 years’ experience in a clinical setting
Must maintain an active physician license with the State of Alaska and an active DEA license. Maintain board certification including continuing education requirements
TB test upon hire – provided by SVT
CPR/BLS training – provided by SVT
Working knowledge of health and wellness care facility, Tribal Health, and Community Health Centers
Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of employees in both clinic and administrative settings
Travel as needed to Seldovia and Anchor Point locations by plane, boat, or car
Employee Health Requirements
Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free work environment.
An individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases or hazards common to a healthcare setting, including but not limited to needle stick wounds, chemicals, and tuberculosis. Must be able to wear protective articles such as latex or rubber gloves, eye-wear, and personal fitted respirator. Requires hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, hearing, and sight sufficient to carry out daily tasks and the ability to communicate effectively with staff.
Squat or Kneel
Lift/Carry: 50 lbs or less
Push/Pull: 50 lbs or less
Seldovia Village Tribe IRAHomer, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.