The mission of SVT Health & Wellness is to improve the health of all people in our communities by providing quality, respectful, caring and culturally-appropriate primary, holistic and preventative care.
Responsible for the provision of direct primary clinical health, wellness and preventative health care in an ambulatory primary care clinic setting for community members residing in and around Homer, Anchor Point and Seldovia, Alaska.
- Location: Homer, Alaska
- Travel: This position requires travel by boats or small planes between Homer and Seldovia, and some vehicle travel to Anchor Point.
- Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday. No weekends or on-call.
Physician (DO or MD): Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) or Doctor of Medicine (MD); Board Certified in Family Medicine; unrestricted DEA Certification; State of Alaska Medical License OR ability to attain within 3 months of hire
Nurse Practitioner (NP): Master's Degree in Nursing; Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by an approved national certifying body; unrestricted DEA Certification, State of Alaska Advanced practice Nurse license OR ability to attain within 3 months of hire.
- Two years' experience working post-residency or as an advanced level provider in any of the following strongly preferred: family medicine, community health center, IHS facility, or rural health center.
- Additional training or experience in integrative medicine strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand and operate necessary computer equipment and software programs with high proficiency in the use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems.
- Current BLS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Well versed in the principles and practices of primary care
- Is aware of standards of care, HIPAA, health care risk management principles, medical ethics, and medical malpractice principles
- Provides high quality health care services including the performance of medical procedures appropriate to the setting
- Ability to efficiently utilize the electronic health record and other clinically required technology
- Express ideas clearly through oral and written communication skills, analyze complex situations efficiently and problem solve, and effectively implement clinical program strategies
- Communicates in an open, respectful, helpful, supportive and collaborative manner with staff and patients
This job description does not include the needs of the moment, which will create new responsibilities and new methods by which to fulfill them. It is also not meant to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- Provide comprehensive, cost-effective acute and chronic primary and preventative health care to patients and their families within scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care provider
- Participate in counseling of chronic and infectious disease patients, treatment and medical care
- Coordinate and conduct support groups, health education and health promotion activities in subjects related to physical and emotional health.
- Function as a patient advocate; conduct follow up care and coordinate care with other health care providers and make appropriate referrals for patient continuity of care.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all clients and their families and SVT Health and Wellness patient information. Protect the security of all patient medical and dental records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained following HIPAA and PPI regulations as outlined in SVTHW policy and procedures.
- Follow federal, state and local legal guideline to include but not limited to: HIPAA, CLIA, OSHA, and ICWA. Follow NP licensing criteria and regulations.
- Participate in strategic planning and development of policy and procedures.
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program as needed.
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Continuing Medical Education requirements as defined by license criteria and board certification.
- Develop and deliver educational programs to enhance patient care and preventative medicine.
- Participate in developing systems of delivery to assure efficient and comprehensive patient care and strengthen a Team approach.
- Communicate clearly and respectively to all patients, families, staff and community contacts. Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with local and regional health care providers, agencies, community groups and programs to enhance SVT Health and Wellness public relations.
- Promote SVT programs at every opportunity.
- Follow established clinic workflows. Work to improve protocols and processes to improve patient flow.
- Support development, refinement and implementation of clinic processes and workflows.
- Participate in planning for comprehensive medical, preventive and therapeutic wellness health care services for SVT Health and Wellness patients/partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
COMPETENCIES: Accountability, accuracy, active listening, analytical skills, applied learning, communication skills (oral and written), patient orientated, delegation skills, diversity oriented, ethical, friendly, interpersonal skills, good judgment, ability to build relationships, safety awareness, strategic planning skills, good time management, ability to work under pressure, patience.
Work Environment: Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug and alcohol, tobacco free work environment. Work is in typical clinic setting. Employees may be exposed to communicable disease, hazardous chemicals or materials (i.e. needle-stick, etc.) related to working in a health care environment. Applicants must consent to drug testing and background check to include fingerprinting. Staff are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times as a representative of SVT Health & Wellness.
Seldovia Village Tribe IRAHomer, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.