Integrative Medicine / Functional Medicine - Provider (NP, MD, or DO)
SVT Health and Wellness is seeking an enthusiastic provider (NP, MD, or DO) to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a passion to serve others, embodies our Tribal Values, and is a team player. Learn more about our facility here.
Reports to: Medical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Classification: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Homer with some travel expected to Seldovia and Anchor Point. See Travel Requirements for more information.
Work Schedule: Services are scheduled to be provided at such time as is convenient for Seldovia Village Tribe patients. Services will generally be provided 8:30am – 7:00pm Monday through Friday.
The Integrative Medicine Provider is responsible for the provision of direct primary clinical health, wellness, and preventive care for patients of SVT Health and Wellness. The Integrative Medicine Provider will incorporate both primary family healthcare and a holistic integrative model of care to support a broad approach to health which addresses the many facets of wellness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This job description does not include the needs of the moment, which will create new responsibilities and new methods by which to fulfill them. It is also not meant to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
- Provide comprehensive, integrative, holistic health services within a primary care setting with particular sensitivity to the needs of our patient population
- Participate in the counseling of chronic and infectious disease patients, treatment, and medical care
- Coordinate and conduct group medical visits, individual and group health and wellness education and promotion activities in subjects related to health and wellness.
- Function as a patient advocate; conduct follow up care and coordinate patient care with other holistic providers within the practice, and make appropriate referrals for patient continuity of care.
- Abide by the policies, procedures, clinical guidelines, and clinical protocols established for Seldovia Village Tribe and the SVT Health and Wellness program.
- Abide by laws and regulations for practice under credential
- Participate as a team member in the delivery of health services at SVT Health and Wellness.
- Participate in data collection and statistical reporting as deemed necessary for grant administration, healthcare compliance and clinical quality improvement. Participate in grants applications and administration as it relates to clinical care.
- Participate in internal committees as directed.
- Support open access scheduling and be prepared to see an average of 14-16+ patients per day.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA, Seldovia Village Tribe’s Nondisclosure and Confidentiality Agreement and other related policies.
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records and super bills. Comply with timely documentation standards as specified in policies.
- Be available by telephone to consult with Care Coordinator for review of laboratory and x-ray results, patient follow-up, referral and/or patient questions that arise as a result of office visits.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with other local and regional health care providers, agencies, community groups, and programs to enhance public relations.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully to all patients, families, employees and community contacts.
- Provide clinical supervision of Registered Nurses, if applicable to credential. Work to improve protocols and processes to improve patient flow.
- Participate in the planning for comprehensive medical, preventive, therapeutic wellness services for SVT Health and Wellness patients.
- Other duties as assigned
- Physician (DO or MD): Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) or Doctor of Medicine (MD); Board Certified in Family Medicine; unrestricted DEA Certification; State of Alaska Medical License OR ability to attain within 3 months of hire
- Nurse Practitioner (NP): Master's Degree in Nursing; Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by an approved national certifying body; unrestricted DEA Certification, State of Alaska Advanced practice Nurse license OR ability to attain within 3 months of hire.
- Post-training clinical experience or continuing medical education in holistic specialty, integrative medicine, naturopathic medicine, functional medicine, or related fields preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in Primary Care with a strong preference for experience practicing in integrative or holistic clinical environments.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification, Required.
- Candidate should expect occasional travel to Anchor Point or Seldovia. All travel is subject to weather, and while scheduled as day-trips, could result in overnights. All travel is dependent on daylight, which varies drastically throughout the year.
- Seldovia travel requires travel by small aircraft or boats.
- Anchor Point travel is by vehicle on a highway.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, FBI fingerprinting, and not appear on the OIG exclusion database.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must successfully complete all credentialing and privileging requirements
- Must successfully complete all employee health requirements
- Must be able to sign three (3) year employment contract
- Must submit before hire and continually throughout employment required documentation for credentialing and privileging required by SVT Health and Wellness.
- Possess computer skills sufficient to conduct word processing for document development and patient documentation. Electronic Health Record experience is STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Throughout employment, must maintain active State of Alaska licensure*, CME requirements, certifications, DEA, Medicare and Medicaid billing credentialing.
- Possess strong, effective interpersonal skills that encourage collaboration and a supportive work environment.
- Must work under a current employment contract with Seldovia Village Tribe and be prepared to discuss renewals six (6) months before expiration
- Must work cooperatively and productively in a team environment.
This position may require the occasional lifting and transfer of patients, boxes, and/or equipment with assistance. Requires hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, hearing and sight sufficient to conduct physical exams, operate a computer keyboard, and office equipment. Must read, write, and speak fluently in English. This position requires the ability to wear PPE, specifically in accordance with current CDC guidelines for healthcare workers.
N – Not Applicable: Activity is not applicable to this position
O – Occasionally: Position requires activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ Hrs/Day)
F – Frequently: Position requires activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ Hrs/Day)
C – Constantly: Position requires activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ Hrs/Day)
Stand - F
Walk - F
Sit - F
Climb - N
Crawl - N
Squat of Kneel - O
Bend - O
Speak - C
Grasp - F
Manually Manipulate - C
Reach Outward/Above - C
10lbs or Less - C
11-20 lbs - F
21-50 lbs - O
51-100 lbs – O (with assistance)
Over 100 lbs – O (with assistance)
12 lbs or Less - C
13-25 lbs - C
26-40 lbs - F
41-100 lbs - N
Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free work environment. An individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases or hazards common to a healthcare setting, including but not limited to needle stick wounds, chemicals, and tuberculosis.
Seldovia Village Tribe IRAHomer, AK
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.