DHMS Information Systems Security Engineer - REMOTE
- Posted: over a month ago
SeKON is looking for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to join our talented and innovative team supporting the Defense Health Agency (DHA). Due to COVID-19, this role will be 100% remote for the foreseeable future. The mission lifecycle of DHA is to deploy the largest global electronic health record system across the entire Department of Defense (DoD) community. We're looking for a strong candidate to support the deployment of this critical system to our military community.
With over 25 years of mission-focused success, SeKON delivers cultural, operational, and technical transformation to support federal government customers including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Defense Health Agency (DHA). Our vision is “Better Health Through Innovation and Digital Transformation.”
- Validate system security requirement definitions and establish system security designs.
- Design, develop, and implement IA security systems and components for networking, computing, and enclave environments with differing data protection classifications.
- Build IA into systems and mobile applications deployed to operational medicine environments.
- Assist architects and developers with identification and implementation of information security functionality, to ensure uniform application of security policies and enterprise solutions.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contribute to security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification, and awareness activities, for system and networking operations.
- Reviews C&A documentation and provides feedback on completeness and compliance.
- Knowledge of cyber policies and requirements for mobile applications.
- Knowledge of DIACAP and DITSCAP processes.
- Identify and authenticate access controls and security audits. Develop mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and implement network protection capabilities like Intrusion Detection Systems, Intrusion Prevention Systems, and HBSS.
- Experience with database protection techniques, including penetration testing and software code checking techniques used in the SCQC function. Identify vulnerabilities exposed by the IAVA process, CVPAs, and penetration testing.
- Support the DoD RMF Assessment and Authorization process, including documenting that process using eMASS or another similar automated system.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems Security Engineering (ISSE), or related field preferred but not required
- Active Secret clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification (required)
- Must have one or more of the following DoD approved (IAM Level II or III) 8570 baseline certifications (CISSP, CISSP-ISSEP, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA, CASP+, CCNP, CISA)
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
TechnologyView all jobs at Sekon