The Senior Director, IT Product Delivery will have the responsibility for the IT Projects leading up to releases and helps remove roadblocks, engage to understand the business processes involved such that when there are opportunities to rethink solutions and bypass roadblocks, they can be part of the solution. See the broad picture and quickly engage/come up to speed on various projects and be seen as a facilitator by IT and the business. Coordinate and deploy software releases in an environment where multiple teams are developing software within the Seibels Guidewire platform. This role will include fully automating the provisioning of software systems (Guidewire instance, OnBase and Financial Systems), deployment of various versions of code, and general configuration management tasks. This individual will be working closely with Development, QA, and cross-functional technology groups to deploy software across all application deployment levels (Dev, QA, Staging and Production). The successful candidate will be a solid team player, possessing excellent organization and multitasking skills, as well as hold quality oral and written communication approach.
- IT Product Delivery Cadence: Work with PMO, Account Management, Stream Leads, and Service Delivery Managers to deliver agreed upon large project, and quarterly cadence (maintenance/support) commitments.
- Project Planning & Performance Oversight of IT Product Delivery Teams.
- Works directly with the PMO Director to ensure Stream Leads are providing up-to-date, and accurate project status.
- Coordinates maintenance/support work with Account Management and Service Delivery Managers to coordinate releases with external customers.
- Hold Stream Leads, and Service Delivery Managers accountable for completing project timelines, and providing weekly updates to hours and project/work status.
- Oversees scheduling of server deployments and application configurations using automation tools provided.
Reviews technical design documentation.
- Creates weekly/monthly/quarterly release plans and checklists.
- Creates, coordinates, and maintains a database refresh schedule.
- Understands and helps coordinate all the various development projects in-flight to determine optimal deployment schedule, and coordinates same with the PMO Director and Director of System Architecture to ensure transparency and dependencies and/or impact to enterprise wide projects in-flight through the PMO and/or System Architecture Team.
- Communicates transparently with various levels and functions of the organization.
Serves as a liaison between multiple concurrent development teams and the PMO to coordinate rollout schedules and maximize deployments to help meet Seibels target date launch goals.
- Change Management: play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. Focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. Ensuring documentation for system and process changes.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Computer Science or above related experience required with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT or DEVOPS
Guidewire Policy and Billing Center experience required
Full Guidewire Suite preferred
SAP experience a plus
Experience utilizing release management and automation tools to deploy, test and support services in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment a plus
Familiarity with open source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins and Git a plus
Proven experience working in a team collaborative environment with agile framework for delivering software
Proficient in MS Office