Supplier Product Quality Development Engineer
- Posted: 18 days ago
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Supplier Product Quality Development Engineer to join our growing team in Hornell, NY.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!Job Description
- Perform supplier quality risk assessments at Business award stage.
- Ensure with the project team that Quality requirements are respected by the supplier before the “Go Order” milestone (Quality Specification and SPQD Plan clause by clause).
- Is accountable for operational delivery of the validation of the industrial capability of the manufacturing process of the supplier (out of scope: validation of product under the responsibility of engineering + industrial capacity).
- Is responsible of the Go/No-go decision for “Go Production”, “Go for First Train Validation” and “FAI”, relying on inputs from Engineering for the product validation.
- Prepare and perform customer FAI when requested.
- Follow-up of the supplier deliverables through the dedicated portal: Supplier Quality Portal (SQP).
- Follow-up of supplier action plans; Supplier Quality Status (SQS). Drive supplier to meet FAI Go On Time target.
- Perform handover to Supplier Quality Serial Life (after FAI Go + first 3 successful deliveries).
- Trigger the supplier escalation process when SPQD deliverables are at risks & animate problem solving.
- Evaluate the maturity level of the supplier through the study of FMEA’s, control plan, skills matrix, work instructions, etc.…
- Deliver audits/assessments of suppliers in case they are not part of the Priority list when needed (when SPQD is recognized as a qualified auditor).
- Contribute to the solving of critical non-conformities and issues with suppliers, including warranty issues when escalated.
- In charge of Non Conformity problem solving until FAI Go and handover performed.
- In charge of preparing the first deliveries requirements for incoming inspection.
- Perform regular reporting of his/her activities (Based on: DFQ gates preparation and status, Readiness reviews always done, FAI GO Right First Time, Open items follow-up, critical supplier monitoring, etc.)
- Contribute to continuous improvement program.
- Animate return of experience REX for his/her scope, sharing the operational experience and good practices through LLC (lesson learnt cards).
- Participate in the company's continuous improvement programs (APSYS).
- The Candidate should have experience and knowledge in managing the gearbox, Bogies, and Traction Equipment.
- Good knowledge on Special process - Welding, Casting, Machining , MPI & Painting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality or Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Familiar with supplier qualifications standards (ISO, ASME, IRIS, Local Standards, etc.)
- Must be able to read supplier contracts and tec.
- Must be able to understand technical documentation of the scope.
- Competency to use computer applications.
- Fluent in English.
- Master’s degree in Quality or Engineering or equivalent is a plus.
- Management experience in Supplier Quality.
- Railway experience a "plus".
- Experience Describe the knowledge and experience required for this role.
- Min 5 years’ experience within manufacturing industry or in a Quality role or in a Project role.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- Experience using SAP or similar ERP system.
- Quality professional background with knowledge of quality tools (PFMEA, control plan, QRQC, 8D, Quality Wall, etc.).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Segula Technologies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?