Closures - Stamped Doors / Door System Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a Closures -Stamped Doors / Door System Engineer to join our growing team in Auburn Hills, MI.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!Job Description
- Responsible for the engineering, design, development, validation, timing and production release of the Console and Door systems.
- The Engineer will have end to end ownership of their components and ensuring they meet vehicle functional objectives.
- Component design, development, and packaging; Design Verification Plan & Report (DVPR) testing.
- CAD model management in Teamcenter.
- Weight reduction, cost reduction and other efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Communicating technical product status to management.
- Additionally, supporting vehicle assembly plants for any product technical issues, support service teams for any field warranty issues and help in root cause analysis of the failures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter.
- Intermediate to advanced level of design/development engineering experience in Body-Body in White, Closures, or Exterior Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with composites and composite production processes.
- Knowledge and experience with steel / aluminum forming processes.
- BIW in-plant launch experience.
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R).
- Knowledgeable in regard to high strength steels, weld parameters and GD&T.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AddressAuburn Hills, MI
TechnologyView all jobs at Segula Technologies