BTM Engineering Group Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
MUST be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
MUST be available to start working within 3 weeks of offer acceptance date.
SEGULA TECHNOLOGIES is assisting a major automotive OEM in hiring a BTM Engineering Group Manager to join our growing team in Melbourne, FL.
This is a DIRECT hire opportunity, NOT a Contractual role.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits plan including comprehensive relocation package, and great opportunities for career growth!Job Description
- Lead the BTM group; own the allocation of BTM resources and delivery of engineering estimates, compliance matrices and technical proposals.
- Manage team headcount and utilization to meet business targets.
- Provide the estimate of engineering effort needed for each tender preparation.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leadership to manage the allocation of the technical team in line with the bid needs (expertise and timing).
- Analyze, with the support of System Architect(s), the potential gaps between the customer's specification and standard solutions and products and support the Bid Manager and Tender Leader in defining the most suitable compliance strategy.
- Ensure that the System architecture aligns with the commercial strategy of the Solutions Directors.
- Coordinate, from a technical point of view, the bid internal stakeholders (e.g., Installation, Testing & Commissioning, Project Engineering, Development Centers) and the external stakeholders (if applicable) to ensure overall understanding of the bid technical strategy (including track/scheme plans, bill of quantities (BOQ), migration strategy, Project Design Organization (PDO), Share of Work, etc.)
- When applicable, propose the migration strategy to be applied with close collaboration with the Senior Signaling Engineers, as well as the Installation and Test and Commissioning (T&C) teams.
- Ensure completion of requirements compliance analysis and/or clause-by-clause of technical bid documents.
- Ensure consolidation the technical assumptions applicable to the tender and ensure consistency between all work packages.
- Ensure preparation and leadership of a Technical Design Review up to the approval of the technical scope associated to the tender.
- Ensure the preparation and consolidation of the technical documentation to be delivered with the tender.
- Ensure the coordination of the engineering quotations and risks evaluation checking for overall consistency and competitiveness.
- Support Bid Manager during the negotiation with the Customer, identifying any technical change during that phase.
- Lead interfaces with 3rd Parties (in the frame of the BTM scope of work).
- Ensure a smooth handover with the PrEM (Project Engineering Manager) or SDIM (System Deployment and Integration Manager) in case of contract award, including the requirements, architecture, technical assumptions, engineering strategy, schedule, and workload.
- In some cases, ensure support to the Project Manager and Engineering team for complex variation orders on existing projects.
- Ensure support to the Warranty organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or scientific subjects required.
- Master’s in business administration and/or Master’s in project management preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience working on signaling projects in a technical role and at least 5 years leading engineering teams.
- The Engineering Manager must be self-proficient on all bid execution activities and is responsible for providing strategic and tactical guidance to their team.
- The Engineering Manager must be capable of overseeing complex simultaneous bids and ensuring their successful completion.
- Engineering background including project deployment full lifecycle view until commissioning.
- Hands-on experience on functional or hierarchical team management.
- Cost and planning control experience in engineering scope.
- Hands-on experience on Customer relationship in contractual situations.
- 10 years’ or more experience in Rail Signaling industry.
- 5 years’ or more experience in Technical Management.
- Additional Experience Desired:
- Previous experience as a Project Engineering Manager (PrEM) or Bid Technical Manager (BTM), or Engineering Group Manager.
- Products and services knowledge on different market segments (Urban, Mainline, Freight).
- Engineering product development full lifecycle view.
- Safety background.
- 2 years’ or more experience with ATC.
- 2 years’ or more experience with IXL and traditional signaling equipment.
- 2 years’ or more experience with ATS/ICC.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EngineeringView all jobs at Segula Technologies