At Seer, we pride ourselves on innovation; standing out among the rest and enabling our clients to do the same. We strive to live into our motto of ‘Stop Guessing’ by leveraging big data to drive holistic digital marketing strategy. We get excited at the thought of bringing together millions of data points from disparate data sets, including qualitative data to drive empathy-fueled opportunities and insights. Big Data, automation, and problem solving at scale: it's what's for breakfast. Could this be love? Maybe.
You, the go-to for all things SEO and executive professional of our dreams, will help take our SEO division to the next level. You will report to the EVP Digital and assist the growth and development of the SEO team as it relates to divisional revenue, overall strategy, and client and team success. You will ensure that the SEO division is developing innovative search strategies to meet and exceed client objectives, and be highly involved with client growth, retention and troubleshooting. You are the active contributor to the SEO vision; you ensure that your team has the direction, tools and support to achieve massive success for clients and themselves.
Seer is growing rapidly, and to facilitate that growth we are establishing two Unit P&L Director positions for the SEO division, one based in our Philadelphia, PA office, the other based in our San Diego office.
You will own the operational development and maintenance of divisional policies and goals that relate to operations, financial performance, and growth to ensure alignment with overall agency and industry direction. You are a seasoned influencer; you have a solid track record for creating success for those who surround you: your colleagues, your team, and your clients. You may be an executive, but at the core, you’re a seasoned digital marketing strategist who is obsessed about staying on top of emerging trends, tools and updates to best practices across the digital industry. Furthermore, you fully believe in sharing the knowledge and foresight that you have with your team, and industry colleagues—you may not call yourself a thought leader, but your colleagues and clients certainly would...and they love you for it.
Here are some highlights of what you'll be doing...
- Responsible for a Unit P&L as part of the SEO; management and execution of top and bottom line growth, assist in budgeting and forecasting
- Create and maintain processes and systems that scale with growth of the SEO division
- Forecast changes in our industry and develop specific business requirements to ensure future competitive advantages that aim to position Seer as a thought leader in the industry
- Manage and drive divisional staffing needs to ensure appropriate alignment with client needs while managing against aggressive growth goals and agency margin expectations
- Directly oversee a cohort of SEO Team Leads and, over time, an Associate Director, support their professional growth, foster team collaboration, and inspire innovation among them and their account teams
- Build strong relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are constantly met and are congruent with company mission and vision
- Work closely with business development team to identify, qualify and close projects
The skills you'll bring to the table...
- Tenured SEO professional with a deep understanding of how a digital marketing agency functions
- Demonstrated success of growing and scaling a SEO team of at least 20+ members
- Strong financial and operational background with exceptional understanding of billables and project costing
- Demonstrated success of driving new business opportunities; ability to identify cross and up-sell opportunities by partnering with paid search team members and articulating the value of services to prospective clients to close new projects
- Exceptional presentation skills, ability to articulate a complex strategy to an audience of varying degrees of marketing knowledge and expertise
- Ability to foster an exceptionally inclusive and high trust environment, resulting in the teams ability to contribute independently to a shared vision and larger goals
- Holistic and critical thinker; ability to foster high levels of cross-functional collaboration
- Experience in recruiting highly skilled team members in an extremely competitive, relationship-driven niche market
- Exceptional ability to manage client relationships ranging from small, well-funded start-ups to Fortune 500 organizations
- Exceptional ability to build relationships and collaborate with peers on co-owned cross-Unit and cross-Divisional initiatives and processes in order to achieve divisional goals
- Experience contributing to a company’s strategic mission and goals by participating as a member of the Leadership Team
- Demonstrated alignment to company’s values and leads by using values as a compass for decision making and supporting company culture
- Experience across other digital marketing channels including design, social, email, media, affiliate, RTB, SEO etc.
- Familiarity with big data analysis and visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Seasoned industry speaker
Sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here-- you are welcome. If you read this job description with a belly full of excitement, we’re just as excited about you. You’ve gotta apply though :)