Job Retention Consultant
Seec, Inc Silver Spring, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
The Job Retention Consultant (JRC) is a job for those that like seeing their neighbors succeed!
SEEC is looking for professionals who can become experts in supporting people with disabilities in the community succeed in new jobs, or grow in long term, career-oriented jobs.
You will be responsible for managing a caseload of Supported Employment consumers. The JRC will continue to coordinate post-employment supports and monitoring the employment relationship to ensure satisfaction of both the individual and the employer. Additional responsibilities include managing all documentation for respective caseloads, as well as working closely with employers to identify additional opportunities for consumers. The JRC will act as a mentor to Job Coaches
The ideal candidate will:
- Appreciate the challenge of working with a diverse set of people with disabilities at different workplaces
- Have strength in interacting with business leaders, family members, and community stakeholders.
- Enjoy case-management, personnel leadership, problem solving, being on their feet and in the community, and believe in the ability of people with disabilities to succeed at the workplace.
- Bring a mission-based approach to their work, a background in disability services, business development, or workforce development in encouraged but not required.
- Implement and conduct informational interviews and participate in tours of businesses with potential employers to learn about the businesses, their operations, the business cultures, the work environments, and current or anticipated future opportunities and challenges facing each business.
- Determine potential needs of an employer using information gathered in informational interviews and tours to determine a business need.
- Identify social networks, strategically enter those networks, and act as a bridge to develop social capital
- Develop a formal or informal CE proposal with the job seeker that fills the employer’s business need with the job seeker’s contributions.
- Conduct a customized job development meeting with the employer and job seeker to negotiate a customized job description, job supports, and terms of employment.
- Analyze how to maximize naturally occurring supports, building on the organization’s training and development programs to ensure that the job seeker will have adequate on-going support resulting in continuing meaningful employment.
- Requires a minimum of 3-years of experience in supporting adults with developmental disabilities in supported employment or vocational settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Must have a deep understanding of Customized and Supported Employment, a proven track record of supporting an entire range of individuals.
- Must possess an excellent performance and be a strong team player.
We are a nationally recognized Disability Services provider in Maryland dedicated to progressive values and the belief that all those in the Intellectual and Developmental Disability community can Live, Work and Thrive. Supports are provided solely in the community and are directed by the interests, needs, and aspirations of each person. Interested? Apply today.
If you think you meet the qualifications, we would love to speak with you!
SEEC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce in an inclusive culture environment. SEEC does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
AddressSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Seec, Inc