Senior Web Applications Engineer
SeeScan San Diego, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
About this Position
SeeScan is currently seeking an experienced Senior Web Applications Engineer to contribute to the development of best-in-class utility locating and plumbing diagnostic equipment. In this position, you will work closely with other engineers and designers to develop a variety of web- and cloud-based products and be part of all stages from requirements to deployment. We are looking for someone with experience doing this kind of work and with the leadership skills needed to lead a team of programmers. Our ideal candidate is equally comfortable writing cloud services and web clients.
Our company culture
Working at SeeScan is unlike working for other companies of our size. While we have the stability of a larger company—we’ve been in business for nearly 40 years and sell our products worldwide—the SeeScan environment feels like a smaller, tight-knit community. Absent of typical corporate culture, we care more about what you do than what you are called, and we want you to share our mission of constantly improving the way we do things. We’ll give you the tools and resources you need to succeed, and we want you to show us how it’s done!
What we’re looking for
Across our organization, we’re looking for people who want to solve big challenges to make the world a better place. Whether you’re designing the latest tech, building our products on the production floor, or keeping our business running and profitable, we want people who approach problems with a can-do attitude and who are eager to be part of a team.
Our goal is to create the best products in our industries and continue our trend of sustainable growth – not to line shareholders’ pockets. That means we’re interested in hiring people who are eager to work somewhere long-term and who share our values of continuous learning, community, and fairness.
In this position, you will
- Be a technical lead and mentor for a small team, keeping the team focused and on task
- Work on a larger, cross-functional team to support multiple projects
- Negotiate API’s to and from different systems
- Contribute to the design and architecture of efficient, reusable, and scalable services and applications
- Identify and resolve performance issues
- Analyze complex problems arising from interactions between services and data providers
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders
- Give and receive honest code reviews to ensure all team members continue to grow
- Work with stakeholders and support staff on support issues
Desired skills and experience
- RESTful API Experience
- HTML5 and CSS
- Debugging experience, extending all the way to user support
- Knowledge of database design and implementation
- Knowledge of Client Side Web Application frameworks (Angular/Js, React, Vue etc)
Other helpful skills
- Java, C#, C++
- Cloud architecture, especially AWS
- Micro service development, configuration and deployment experience
- Design pattern knowledge and application experience
- GIS application and data experience
- Git and modern source control management, especially GitLab
- Unit test experience with Mockito, JUnit, Mocha, Chai, Jasmine
Education and Experience
- BS in CS, CE or equivalent work-related experience
Modern life depends on the infrastructure that brings water, electricity, gas, and communications to our homes and businesses. SeeScan’s mission is to deliver best-of-class products that protect these vital services. We are an original equipment manufacturer in San Diego, CA that builds diagnostic and utility locating equipment from the ground up, from initial product conception to prototyping, testing, and final assembly.
SeeScan is more than a collection of facilities, technologies, and products. SeeScan is a community of people. Working here, you’ll be part of a group of people who take pride in their work and their community. We’re passionate, but there’s more to it than that. We have a sense of ownership of SeeScan’s success and a shared commitment to continuous improvement. You won’t just be a cog in a corporate machine here – you’ll be our most critical investment, and we’ll do our best to empower you with the tools you need to find success at SeeScan.
- A position within an established company that has over 30 years of experience
- The stability of a larger company, but with the feel of a smaller, tight-knit community
- A place to work where you are treated with respect and as a valued member of the team
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to equipment, tools, and supplies to successfully accomplish the tasks of the job
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) investment options, with partial company matching contribution
- Flexible Paid Time Off plan with no cap or “use it or lose it” requirement
- Opportunities for growth and continuous learning
- An environment that encourages innovation, creativity, and achieving your goals
If this opportunity is of interest, please apply online at https://careers.seescan.com. Submit your application along with your resume, compensation requirements, and a cover letter. We are looking for a long-term, in-house teammate to join us, not a contractor or consultant.
- No recruiters, contractors, or consultants, please
- No relocation assistance or visa sponsorships available for this position
- SeeScan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
SeeScan is committed to maintaining a safe work environment for all of its employees. We are requiring that all of our onsite employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Therefore, we will only be extending offers to candidates who are already fully vaccinated or who will be fully vaccinated prior to their start date. You are considered fully vaccinated two full weeks after you’ve received your final vaccine dose. We will make a good faith effort to make reasonable accommodations for those with valid medical or religious exemptions from receiving the vaccine.
At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning.
Visit us at www.SeeScan.com to learn more about why SeeScan is a great place to work!
SeeScanWhy Work Here?
Employee Friendly environment, Benefits, PTO, and much more.
Modern life depends on the infrastructure that brings water, electricity, gas, and communications to our homes and businesses. SeeScan’s mission is to deliver best-of-class products that protect these vital services. We are an original equipment manufacturer in San Diego, CA that builds diagnostic and utility locating equipment from the ground up, from initial product conception to prototyping, testing, and final assembly. At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning. Visit us at www.SeeScan.com to learn more about why SeeScan is a great place to work!
3855 Ruffin RoadSan Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at SeeScan