Since 1983, SeeScan has focused on designing and manufacturing equipment that allows professionals worldwide to perform essential diagnostic and utility locating services for their clients. From the beginning, we have prided ourselves for our unique company culture that embraces creative thinking and constant innovation, where people are valued and honesty and integrity are the keys to our success.
Our atmosphere is professional, yet relaxed and within our 65,000 sq ft facility in the Kearny Mesa area, we offer picnic areas, a community garden and walking path where employees can relax and unwind around a koi pond and bird atrium.
We are currently seeking support for our Production department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses a soldering tool to solder parts, both through-hole and surface mount (SMT). Requires precision to solder small items.
- Applies labels to parts. This task sometimes requires holding the product (weighing less than 5 lbs) with one hand while applying labels with the other hand. Requires use of hands or thumbs to smooth labels into place.
- Uses manual and electric power screwdrivers to assemble parts. For some tasks electric screwdrivers are available that are mounted on retractable cords. Some of the assembly operations require a nominal amount of pressure to be applied to start the process.
- Operates an ultrasonic welder. Production lead will perform set-up.
- Moves or distributes parts as required. Individual parts are not heavy, but a box of parts could weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Work with a microscope as required.
- Ability to use a computer to test printed circuit boards.
- Must be able to read and assembly drawings and build accordingly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have prior experience assembling structural and mechanical subassemblies, including printed circuit boards.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings or other informational materials.
- Must be able to follow procedures and meet production, quality, and safety standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to build assemblies by following printed work instructions.
- Prior soldering and/or assembly experience. Experience with SMT soldering is preferred over through-hole.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, basic hand tools (manual and motorized).
- Knowledge of QA protocols for assembly workers.
- Computer experience is desired but not required.
To apply, visit us on the web at https://careers.seescan.com/. In your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position. We are looking for a long-term, in-house teammate to join us, not a contractor or consultant.
No relocation assistance is allotted for this position.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization required.
SeeScan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning.
Visit us at www.SeeScan.com to learn more about why SeeScan is a great place to work!
Why Work Here?Modern life depends on the infrastructure that brings water, electricity, gas, and communications to our homes and businesses. SeeScan’s mission is to deliver best-of-class products that protect these vital services. We are an original equipment manufacturer in San Diego, CA that builds diagnostic and utility locating equipment from the ground up, from initial product conception to prototyping, testing, and final assembly. At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning. Visit us at www.SeeScan.com to learn more about why SeeScan is a great place to work!
Employee Friendly environment, Benefits, PTO, and much more.