- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for uncrewed maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for a position within our team in our San Diego office. This is an ideal offer for an experienced engineer looking for an exciting new opportunity in robotics.
You can expect to become subject matter technical expert on SeeByte software onto state-of-the-art subsea robots used for exciting and varied projects, and supporting SeeByte client to evaluate and to understand SeeByte’s software solutions with our partners and clients, giving you the chance to see the real-world applications of the software you have helped create. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company.
Main Purpose of the Role:
The role will involve primarily working with SeeByte’s software products Neptune (Vehicle Autonomy Framework), SeeTrack v4 (Command and Control software for Uncrewed Vehicles) and Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) using AI and ML.
In addition to the primary role a secondary role of IT support for SeeByte is desired. This would include managing the cloud infrastructure in Azure and implementing cyber security controls.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to provide robotic solutions for the oil and gas industry and underwater defense. A significant portion of the role will involve supporting the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) in San Diego with the evaluation and demonstration of SeeByte software for the US Navy.
Support and training will be given throughout to allow you to develop within the role.
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in IT, Software or Systems Engineering
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in preparing and reviewing commercial Software Documentation including for instance Interfaces and Installation procedures.
- Demonstrable 3-year experience in managing Software Requirements
- Outgoing and comfortable working with external clients, with strong communication skills.
- Willing to take part in at-sea trials, integrating and testing SeeByte software
· Confident working in a small company environment
Experience in several of the following areas is desirable:
- IT management
- Networking system administration
- Cyber security control implementation
- Formal system testing and evaluation
- Organizational skills and track record of delivery for software solutions
- Software architecture design
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Solid scripting skills
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc
- Ocean Engineering
- Robotics and autonomy
BS/MS degree in Science, Engineering or a related subject, equivalent experience considered
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to US Citizens or qualified Green Card holders. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
SeeByte IncWhy Work Here?
You will have the opportunity to practically apply your expertise in the rapidly evolving field of maritime robots.
2240 Shelter Island dr ste 210 San Diego CA 92106San Diego, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at SeeByte Inc