Seeking a high energy construction engineer to be trained as a Project Engineer under limited supervision, manages and administers the construction and delivery of projects including alterations/modifications of existing structures, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be proficient with Procore and Excel.
Must have experience in commercial projects, 50,000 sq ft and above.
1. Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solution for construction projects; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
2. Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; performs projects cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
3. Oversees all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects and monitors and coordinates work.
4. Reviews and interprets proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or company standards and initiatives revision where appropriate; advises consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
5. Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and within company and jurisdictional entities.
6. Prepared project specifications and coordinates procurement as appropriate.
7. Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment.
8. Directs work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing company operations.
9. Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance with company standards, building and safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
10. Professionally represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other agencies and organizations.
11. Researches and prepared various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures and/or issues as appropriate.
12. Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Associate degree in Construction Management with at least 4 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified OR Bachelors with 5-year experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.