The Human Resources Intern supports the HR team while being exposed to a wide range of HR functions as an opportunity to learn about HR as a whole. Certain aspects of the position can be customized to meet the expectations of an academic institution’s internship program requirements. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Intern is responsible for performing the following duties:
· Delivers excellent guest service to internal and external customers in line with the organization’s mission, culture, and values.
· Models appropriate guest and partner interaction at all times.
· Assists HR team members in various capacities to execute recruiting and training initiatives.
· Assists with new hire orientation.
· Assists with the execution of company training programs.
· Assists with the execution of partner relations programs.
· Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Performs general HR administrative duties including photocopying, e-mailing and correspondence.
· Prepares and modifies documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
· Assists with Workers’ Compensation and OSHA reporting.
· Maintains appropriate filing systems.
· Assists with selecting, ordering, and maintaining partner uniform inventories for the organization.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Business, or related field or currently enrolled and pursuing a related degree.
· Possess an outgoing, friendly personality and the desire to provide quality service.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
· General knowledge of employment law and practices, with desire & ability to learn.
· Must possess excellent computer skills and be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
· Ability to provide a flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.
· Required to regularly use hands and fingers. Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds. Required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch frequently. Must be able to stand regularly.