Plant Utility/Facility Engineer - Food Manufacturing (Sign On Bonus)
See It Right Here Bethlehem, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Plant Utility/Facility Engineer (Fast-Growing Company)
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Compensation: $100,000 to $125,000 (DOE) plus Bonus, Equity Stocks, Sign on Bonus, Benefit Package
About the Company: Founded in the early 2000’s and headquartered in eastern Pennsylvania, this fast-growing company has assembled the best people in the food manufacturing industry. The company started to grow and found themselves delivering fresh, refrigerated food to more and more stores. All in all, today the company reaches millions of consumers from a retail network of over tens of thousands of refrigerators across North America.
The firm maintains a core of well-respected retail clients and continues to grow and expand. The culture of the organization is vibrant, fun, and extremely collaborative. If you enjoy working on a variety of projects, and with other intelligent, hard-working people in a team-oriented environment, then this is the place for you.
Position Overview: The Plant Utility/Facility Engineer is an add to an already talented team of Plant/Facility engineers. The successful candidate will be joining an existing team with over 70 talented maintenance and facility personnel. Current plant utility systems include HP Boilers, Chillers, Air Compressors, water-sewer-waste water systems, Ammonia refrigeration systems, CHP, Air handlers, electrical power, etc.
- Operates, maintains infrastructure systems for manufacturing plants and support facilities on a 24/7 operation.
- System responsibilities include: HVAC, boiler, compressed air, water systems, sewer and waste treatment, electrical, and ammonia refrigeration/chilling systems.
- Manages grounds and facility maintenance and improvement projects through scheduling and coordination of facility technicians and contractor services.
- Assures highest level of safety and compliance with safety and environmental requirements of ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Assures that outside service providers comply with plant GMP and safety programs.
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements new equipment, technologies and practices to improve infrastructure reliability, improve sustainability, and to reduce operational costs.
- Identifies, evaluates, and manages outside service providers and contractors.
- Supports safety initiatives and behavioral based safety observation program.
- Availability on nights, weekends and holidays to manage project work and to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to establish and lead training programs for operators and technicians in infrastructure systems in a hands-on manner.
Experience, Requirements, & Education:
- Min. 6 years of Engineering experience with plant Utility – Facility systems.
- 2+ years of Ammonia refrigeration or Boiler House operations experience.
- Industrial HVAC operations experience with new plant or equipment expansion.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Good Leadership experience to work with Engineering, controls, QA, Safety, Production, Maintenance, Product development, Partner firms, contractors etc.
- Must be a self-starter with a high-level integrity and honesty.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures & schematic diagrams
- BS Degree in relevant field
- Familiarity with Automation Control systems using PLC/HMI
- Maintenance Management Experience
- Experience with plant Utility Facility expansion for additional production/packaging lines.
- Proficiency with design software AutoCad
- FDA GMP regulated Industry experience in Food, BioPharma, Medical Device, Cosmetics, OTC etc.
- Certification or licenses in Utility related courses like HP boiler seal, EPA refrigeration, etc.
- Experience with CHP – Combined heat and Power cogeneration systems
See It Right HereWhy Work Here?
Awesome working conditions and room for quick advancement!
ManufacturingView all jobs at See It Right Here