Job Title: Mechanical Estimator - Commercial Plumbing & HVAC
Employment Status: Direct Hire – Full Time
Supervisor: Sales/Estimating Manager
The Mechanical Estimator - Commercial Plumbing & HVAC must be able to work with all construction departments and project teams across the organization and lead the plumbing and HVAC estimating initiatives on all projects on both new construction projects and renovation projects.
The requirements of the Mechanical Estimator - Commercial Plumbing and HVAC will be as follows:
· Craft quantified bids on moderate to large size bids from $1,000,000 to $5,000,000
· Determine the scope of work and required contents of the estimate by reviewing RFP's, specifications, basis of design and drawings; then developing estimates for small to medium-sized projects independently and contributing to large project estimates as part of a team
· Use of estimating software to include Viewpoint, Quick Pen and other industry specific software tools to maximize efficiencies in developing all bids
· Analyze and compare subcontractor/supplier bids and proactively troubleshoot project issues before they occur
· Partner with the Leadership Team to finalize estimate reports to evaluate job costs and profitability; as well as provide a clear defense of your estimate support and its accuracy
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Attend all pre-bid meetings and walk-through meetings with internal and external clients
The Mechanical Estimator - Commercial Plumbing and HVAC should possess a minimum of five (5) years of plumbing and HVAC field experience as well as another five (5) years of plumbing and HVAC estimating experience. The successful candidate will report and work side by side with the senior leadership team.
Experience & License Requirements:
Minimum of 5 years industry experience