HVAC Counter Sales Associate - Hartford CT
See It Right Here Hartford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Counter Sales & Service Representative – HVAC Distribution Channel
Location: Hartford, CT
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
About the Company: As the region’s leading supplier of HVAC supplies and equipment, the company has multiple locations throughout the region. The company prides itself by delivering the highest quality and best value industry products to each one of their clients.
About the Position: The Counter Sales & Service Representative must be organized, thoughtful and willing to work with a competitive internal team as well as with our contractor clients to help grow the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining relationships with all counter sales clients in the branch. There is a growing base of customers in this area and care for these customers is critical to future success. This person must be able to self-direct and work independently. Knowledge of the local market is a MUST.
The successful candidate will work with all colleagues towards the overall success of the company, which is measured by the financial performance, customer satisfaction, and positive work environment that all employees deliver.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store. Handles multiple customers and customer requests simultaneously while maintaining a friendly and professional manner.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs. Assists with system or product troubleshooting and answering technical questions. Identifies alternate or substitute products to meet customer needs.
- Researches and sources product for customers using a variety of tools, including point-of-sale computer system, catalogs, websites, JXI, and industry and store contacts.
- Enters sales orders into point-of-sale computer system for invoicing or cash payments. Processes customer returns and warranties following company guidelines.
- Follows up promptly on all customer requests for information, quotes, alternative parts and delivery dates. Proactively communicates with customers about any expected delays or issues with their order.
- Develops good working relationships and rapport with customers. Greets regular customers by name.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom through stocking shelves, housekeeping, creating displays, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Follows company pricing and credit guidelines
Education and Experience: The successful candidate must possess an Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, have 1 to 3 years of related specific industry work experience, and fully understand the HVAC supply business.
Attributes: The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Self-motivated attitude and strong time-management skills
- 1 to 3 years of industry experience
- Prior customer service experience is a plus
- Takes initiative with a strong work ethic
- Has a strong track record of exceeding sales goals
- Enjoys the challenge of helping clients achieve their objectives
- Is a quick study who profits from every training and mentoring opportunity
- Has strong attention to detail, perseverance and the relentless pursuit of excellence
- Thoroughly understands and consistently applies the sales qualifying process
- Embraces the value of open-ended questions and active listening as the shortest route to prospect and customer insight
- Develops solid cost-benefit analyses that demonstrates a potential return on investment
- Differentiates based on value
- Establishes and maintains strong business relationships
- Coordinates and collaborates with other team members to ensure maximum impact for the company and the customer
- Is able to overcome objections and educate prospects/customers with new ideas and perspectives
- Is able to collaborate with prospects in the solution development process to achieve mutual goals
- Ensure all parts requests are met in a time through effective communications with manufacturers, account managers, and clients
- Efficiently field all questions and requests from a variety of sources, and have the ability to recognize and prioritize all responses as to maximize the effectiveness of the sales department
- Effectively manage the given sales territory on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis by exceeding required KPI’s
- Source quality parts using best of breed pricing strategies and be able to negotiate replacement parts price points from original and alternative sources and maintain revenue requirements
- Assist in the planning and implementation of all promotional activities to grow the parts department and support this revenue center in the organization
- The company maintains a very high reputation by delivering excellence throughout the region
- Provides the assurance of delivering product on time and on budget and provide an excellent customer service experience for all clients
- Complete benefit package
- Excellent company training programs
- Very competitive compensation package
- Work hard and play hard culture
- Long-term employment and career advancement is encouraged through hard work and delivery
- Very high employee retention rate
See It Right HereWhy Work Here?
Awesome working conditions and room for quick advancement!
RetailView all jobs at See It Right Here