Job Title: Acquisition Program Analyst, Senior-TS/SCI - C-130, KC-46, C-5, C-17 Experience
Acquisition Program Analyst, Senior who must also have experience with big aircraft - KC-46, C-5, C-17.
This program supports the Secretary of the Air Force Headquarters Global Reach Programs office on the Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS) prime contract. The portfolio includes current and future mobility, special operations, trainer, and special mission aircraft programs, as well as related systems.
The tasks for this Acquisition Program Analyst, Senior position include:
- Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on requirements, acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, program execution, and track compliance with stated program direction and identifying issues.
- Providing honest broker assessments of programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues. Researching and analyzing program trends, identifying issues, recommending solutions, And providing recommendations on existing and proposed Air Force acquisition and capability area policies and implementation
- Evaluating and making recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives and schedules, the formulation of program direction, and the impact of national, DoD, JCS, and civil government policies and activities that affect Air Force acquisition programs and capability areas
- Identifying and researching programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
- Maintaining historical Air Force weapon program documentation and developing summary documents/briefings and training material. Monitoring on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to weapon systems.
- Preparing Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) documentation to ensure they accurately articulate the current program. Reviewing and documenting Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Reviewing and providing short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues and providing data to assist in preparation for legislative hearings, program documentation, briefing packages and read-aheads, Congressional staffer visits, and other events to ensure an integrated and consistent Air Force position in response to Congressional questions, issues, and requests for information on assigned program/portfolio.