Sedona Staffing is searching for individuals to work with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance. The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement, or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals. The Hazard Mitigation assistance program supports operations to reduce the risk to life and property; including the existing build environment and future construction, in the pre and post disaster environments through regulations, local ordinances, land use and building practices.
We are currently accepting resumes for future and current project work. Over the phone interviews available!
• Conduct preliminary damage assessments in the field with Federal, State and local officials.
• Writing Project Worksheets for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work, and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure to restore it to its pre-disaster design
• Providing services such as: technical, cost estimating, disaster recovery or management with an emphasis on construction-related activities
• Review construction activities to restore pre-disaster condition and evaluating grants that local municipalities have applied for
• Inspecting construction work to ensure compliance with design documents and FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedure.
• High School diploma.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant construction experience required.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a background check
• Ability to mobilize within 24-48 hours
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Classes in or experience with one or more of the following preferred, but not required; FEMA Public Assistance classroom trainings: Public Assistance Operations I (PA Ops I), Public Assistance Operations II (PA Ops II), Project Worksheet (PW) Development, Cost Estimating Format (CEF), Debris Management/Operations, 406 Hazard Mitigation, Public Assistance Coordinator (PAC) Crew Leader, Project Specialist, Debris Specialist, Debris Monitor, FEMA-certified Trainer, Hazard Mitigation Specialist (Sections 404 and 406), or Long Term Community Recovery Program Specialist
The Sedona Group is a nationally ranked work force management group celebrating its 34th year of business and has been voted # 1 Staffing Agency for the last five years by our local community. We are locally owned and headquartered in Moline, IL and provide Clerical, Industrial, Medical, Technical, and Engineering Associates to companies in need of temporary, long term or direct hire placement of employees. With 28 branches nationwide, we are committed to continued growth and delivering a high standard of quality service.
Sedona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sedona uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees
Founded in 1986 Sedona Staffing has over 30 years in the industry. We are a part of a nationally recognized network of personnel specialists with 28 branches nationwide. Sedona builds close, long-term relationships with its clients. We help both employers and employees find the opportunities uniquely suited to their needs and capabilities.
Our career categories include; Industrial, Clerical, Administrative, Medical, Professional, and Technical offerings.
Sedona Staffing is a part of The Sedona Group family of businesses which also includes Sedona Technologies and Sedona Technologies Government Services.