Maintains and repairs telecommunication equipment, associated computers, networking, and electronic equipment and to install all Securus’ products, features and equipment. Travels from location to location to resolve issues as stated above but could also serve as an onsite technician for a particular customer providing both technical and administrative duties or as a hybrid technician who is both on site and roving. Provides installation assistance training or troubleshooting assistance to a FSA and/or FST1.
- Repairs, maintains, programs and installs telecommunications hardware, associated LAN/WAN/networking hardware/software, various electronic equipment and wiring per specifications, codes, standards and operational procedures in correctional facilities
- Repairs/installs phones, kiosk, video terminals, WAP’s, tablets and other required equipment within correctional facilities within assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintain and provide operations support for site surveys, pre-bid meetings and/or sales conferences
- Communicates with dispatchers to receive work assignments and provides dispatchers with ETA for arrival and departure information
- Troubleshoots situations where standard procedures have failed in isolating or resolving problems while interfacing with multiple departments for problem resolution
- Required to assist in educating and training Securus customers, providing information to technical support and following direction given on Securus products & services
- Provide administrative services on as needed basis or when dedicated to a particular customer: data entry including PIN/PAN, blocks/unblocks, customer reporting, training, providing CDR reports, assisting with video visitation and burning recordings and/or video to CD/DVD per subpoena and testifying in court when required
- Maintains inventory of equipment and tools
- Manages and maintains assigned company inventories and assets (tool, vehicle, parts inventory, laptop etc.)
- Demonstrates proficient skills with telephony–pulling cable, terminating cable, trouble shoot wiring, loading configuration files, install and maintain all Securus equipment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the proficient understanding of the customers’ service needs and work to improve the operation of their facility with regard to all of Securus products such as: Inmate Calling System, Video Visitation, Kiosk and/or Tablets
- Working knowledge and the ability to learn of all applicable practices, standards and codes (electrical, cabling, fiber, wireless, networking, conduit, industry, and Securus equipment)
- Ability to work all tasks to completion with a high sense of urgency and the highest work quality
- Negotiates alternatives means of resolving issues and escalates issues when necessary.
- Responds to requests from management and customers via phone, e-mail and/or with reporting
- Adheres to Field Service Standards and all Company policies.
- Must be able to pass multiple in depth background checks
- Self-starting, able to self-train on telephony based product line
- Excellent ability at multi-tasking, setting priorities and tracking issues concurrently
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal, for working with customers, dispatchers, technical support, specialists, other field technicians and management
- Must have a clean valid driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of installation repair and maintenance of telecom and networking devices.
- Experience working with Windows OS, VOIP, Adtran AOS, Cisco IOS and wireless technology
- Telephony experience - including but not limited to: pulling cable (Cat3 & Cat5), terminations (110, 66, Krone, RJ11 & RJ45) up to 100 pair cables and troubleshooting wiring / T1 / CO dial tone problems
- Experience in conduit bending (EMT and Rigid)
- Fiber termination experience
- Previous experience working in law enforcement or correctional environment
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.