Universal Banker (Aksarben Branch / FT)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we’ve expanded our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business, and private banking, treasury management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas. We have 10 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
**REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday from 8:45am - 5:45pm, and rotating Saturday mornings**
This position is responsible for acting as the customer ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing concierge service to branch clients. This role educates and advises customers about SNB’s sales and service delivery options, along with referral of appropriate products and services matching the customer needs while performing a wide variety of activities including transaction processing.
Extraordinary Customer Service (35%)
• Prepares and compiles new customer information to open new accounts and loans, ensuring collection of all necessary documentation.
• Administers lending processes, educates customers regarding lending options, completes thorough loan applications and documentation; facilitates lending determination systems and processes.
• Enthusiastically responds to customer inquiries and any requests regarding accounts with a sense of urgency. Resolves issues and follows up with customer promptly.
• Greets customers at door in a timely manner.
Customer Transaction Processing (30%)
• Cashes checks and pays money upon verification of signatures and customer account balances accurately and timely. Inspects all checks, bonds, savings withdrawals to determine their negotiability.
• Receives checks and cash for deposit into accounts. Verifies deposit amount, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability.
• Balances and manages cash drawer daily with minimal errors, provides balancing assistance to other team members, and immediately reports all offages to Branch Manager and/or Assistant Branch Manager.
• Identifies potential fraudulent situations to protect the customer and bank.
• Assists with branch audits, controls and monthly checklists as needed.
Consultative Sales and Referrals (30%)
• Maintains a working knowledge of bank/branch goals, policy and procedural expertise of deposit and non-deposit products and services, and current marketing and advertising campaigns to meet our client’s financial needs.
• Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current customers by utilizing ticklers and other need-based practices to identify appropriate products and services, maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
• Promotes opportunities connected with internal business partners to meet client financial needs, including loans, deposits, online banking, e-statements, referrals for remote deposit capture (RDC) and Positive Pay referrals, etc. to assist in meeting budgeted goals.
Collection Activity (5%)
• Proactively manages NSF and delinquent credits.
• Partners with Consumer Credit Officer regarding collection activities.
• Updates weekly past due reports in a timely and consistent manner.
Performs other duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of all branch customer transaction requirements, including both teller and banker responsibilities.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of the bank’s products and services.
• Strong proficiency and skills with banking systems - paying and receiving/new accounts/loans and related programs.
• Ability to effectively match customer needs with appropriate referral or product/service to enhance the customer relationship and satisfaction.
• Ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems using knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources.
• Ability to apply knowledge to assignments and maintain expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures.
• Ability to demonstrate a consistently positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external).
• Effective communication (written and verbal), exemplary service skills, and a desire to provide premiere service is a must.
• Advanced attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• General Mathematics and Accounting to interpret basic financial information.
• Highly ethical skill level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel).
• Ability to complete required training by assigned due date.
• Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance.
• Minimum of a High School or equivalent degree required
• Minimum of 1-2 years of prior customer service experience within the banking industry, including experience with new accounts and teller/cash handling required
• Current Notary Public in State of Nebraska preferred
• Experience promoting successful referrals preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to periodically lift 25-55 pounds. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Security National Bank
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Security National Bank