Trust Administrative Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we’ve expanded our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business, and private banking, treasury management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas. We have 10 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
This position is responsible for assisting in the administration of personal trust, tax deferred retirement accounts/qualified plans, and investment agency accounts to ensure client retention and regulatory compliance.
Assist in the Administration of Personal Trusts, Retirement Plans & Investment Accounts (40%)
- Assist an assigned Trust Officer in the administration of personal trust accounts, estate administration, tax-deferred retirement accounts/qualified plans, and investment agency accounts pursuant to the controlling document, state and federal regulations and client direction.
- Assist in the set up and compiling of initial documentation for new accounts pursuant to new account opening checklists.
- Assist in gathering receipts and other necessary documentation for closing accounts pursuant to closing account checklists.
- Provide support on estates and irrevocable trusts for preparation of distribution pursuant to terms of will or trust.
- Assist in valuation of assets utilizing Estate Valuation Systems as well as helping to prepare initial inventory.
- Direct the administration of less complex and/or nondiscretionary personal trust, life insurance trusts, investment agency, custodial and individual retirement accounts
- Assist the assigned Trust Officer in dispute resolution for more complex and/or discretionary accounts including the preparation of Discretionary Distribution Memorandum.
Client Retention (20%)
- Assist in gathering facts in dispute resolution, investment performance reviews, and ongoing customer contact to ensure high levels of client retention.
- It is expected that the position will at times have direct customer contact as requested by Trust Officer to facilitate initial establishment of new accounts and ongoing administration of existing account relationships.
Ensure Compliance & Documentation Completion/Retention (10%)
- Assist in execution of portfolio review and analysis to include compliance and follow-up of asset allocation/suitability goals after initial determination with clients or in the implementation of Trust Investment Committee recommendations.
- Work with Trust Officer to assure proper follow up and documentation maintained in file pursuant to client conferences on investments or Trust Investment Committee recommendations.
Administrative Reviews (10%)
- Assist in administrative compliance and follow up in administrative reviews to ensure proper account administration including proper and accurate maintenance of trust accounting system information, necessary follow up to suggested recommendations of the Trust Administrative Committee and appropriate follow up and file documentation or reporting to assure resolution of issues identified in the review process.
Provide Marketing & Other New Business Development Assistance (5%)
- Assist in coordination, implementation and compilation of marketing materials and new business development initiatives as needed on both a project and individual prospective client leading to a meaningful and increasing volume of new sales.
Provide Tax Reporting Assistance (5%)
- Assist in timely gathering of information for tax reporting.
- Assist in follow up of necessary items to assure timely preparation utilizing internal tax preparation services or external tax return preparation.
- Provide tracking and accountability function of return filing status or completion.
Understand Operational Duties & Procedures (5%)
- Describe Essential Function
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of trust and investment services and possess the ability to interact with operations staff to accomplish the same.
Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of trust accounting operations, policies and procedures including dual control safeguards.
- Working knowledge of various types of trusts including personal trusts, retirement plans and charitable foundations. Working knowledge of trust and retirement plan principals, laws and regulations to include the Nebraska Uniform Trust Code, Nebraska Principle and Income Act, IRS provisions and ERISA and their applications to daily account administration of personal trusts, agencies, retirement plans and charitable foundations.
- Working knowledge of trust accounting to include 1041and 1099 tax return production.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer relation skills, self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and ability to work independently with general guidance and review of work product as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting time deadlines.
- Attention to detail and being a self-starter working within an overall team approach.
- Flexibility in responding to multiple administrative requests. Ability to proactively initiate workload issues to various staff and prioritize and coordinate work flow issues with administrative staff and operations personnel.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to operate a PC, and to use work processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to complete required company training by assigned due date.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in trust administration/operations, investments, financial services, or related field required.
- Minimum of a High School degree required.
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Security National Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Security National Bank