Customer Service Representative (Remote) - 0980,0981,0982
- Posted: 2 days ago
As a Customer Service Representative, you will answer incoming calls in a fast-paced call center environment. You will also build relationships with clients and agents and process payments and complex service requests.
The level for this position will be determined based on factors including relevant skills, experience and other qualifications.
This is a remote position. Reliable internet service is required for the role.
Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support resolution of incoming calls by answering questions, performing research and initiating additional processes as necessary.
- Process billing requests, which could include billing account number changes, payment type changes (mode changes), premium letters to notify a policy owner of a payment issue, refund requests, premium payment histories, value quotes, form requests, policy reprojection requests, taxable gain calculations, policy conservation, mailing Electronic Funds Transfer forms, etc.
- Process manual premium payments and other service requests from calls by check or phone via a checking or savings account.
- Process authorizations to release information requests.
- Security Mutual Life website inquiries. Handle inquiries forwarded by Corporate Communications that were made on our public website.
- Complete insurance verifications.
- Complete follow-up calls to request missing items and funds needed to bring policies up to date.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions.
Required skills & experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Customer Service.
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in an insurance industry or call center environment.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime.
Education Required: Associate’s degree in business or related field.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Security Mutual Life is a leading provider of life insurance, accumulation products and retirement-, business- and estate-planning services for individuals, families and businesses. Our innovative products help our clients meet their financial protection needs. Headquartered in Binghamton, New York, the Company was founded in 1886 and is recognized for its longstanding history of financial strength and stability.
We continually invest in technology. Our agents and employees are equipped with the latest tools and deliver outstanding service to our hundreds of thousands of policyholders throughout the United States.
We are committed to our neighbors and communities. Security Mutual and its employees help support a wide variety of community and charitable initiatives and organizations through our donations and service.
At Security Mutual our employees are among the Company’s most valued assets. We offer competitive salary and benefits and our work environment reflects the Company’s core values of trust, respect and integrity.
Security Mutual Life Insurance
BusinessView all jobs at Security Mutual Life Insurance