Securitas Security Services is looking to hire (3) *$1,500 Sign on Bonus *
Public Safety Officer/EMT – FT $15.85/hr. every other weekend off schedule (20 hrs OT every two weeks)
MUST HAVE EMT CREDENTIALS / Experience for this position, no exceptions!
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Organization to provide security, safety and community services to site employees, tenants, contractors and visitors. Our Officers/EMT’s provide site wide safety and security services for the community and physical property. We are seeking individuals capable of monitoring, analyzing and identifying situations and determining the best approach to resolve the situations they encounter. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, impressive ability to communicate well with other and the ability to think critically in any situation. In addition, our officers administer first aid treatment to and arrange for transport of sick or injured persons to medical facilities while working as a member of the emergency response team.
Specific Duties and Job Functions:
- Perform security patrols of designated areas by foot or vehicle while monitoring for the presence of unauthorized persons.
- Observe and report any conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Investigate and prepare reports on motor vehicle accidents, incidents and suspicious activities.
- Respond to calls for service which may include assisting in K-9 searches, vehicle lock outs, escorts, performing traffic enforcement and performing parking enforcement.
- Respond to emergency situations which may include incidents of fire, medical emergencies, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergencies, hazardous materials, and inclement weather.
- Administers first aid treatment, including but not limited to, application of splints, administration of oxygen, treatment of wounds or administration of artificial resuscitation and transport of sick or injured persons to appropriate medical facility.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to obtain or possess a State Issued License as a Security Officer (SORA).
- Must be able to obtain or possess a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Must possess a New Jersey or New York State Emergency Medical Technician certification.
- Security experience preferred
- EMT experience preferred
- Be able to pass a drug screening.
- Successfully pass a background check that includes personal references, criminal history, employment and a DMV check.
- Have access to reliable transportation.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of Security Operations and Emergency Medical Technician care.
- Ability to provide high level of Customer Service and work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Be computer proficient.
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constant use of speech and hearing in communicating with the public and co-workers, giving and receiving instructions.
- Ability to think critically in situations, maintain ethical conduct at all times, manage stressful situations and maintain composure throughout.
- Ability to work in various environments including but not limited to adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, and heat.
- With or without reasonable accommodation be able to meet the physical requirements which may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally reach with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand and walk, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Full Time Position includes: Weekly pay checks, Union Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), Yearly Union pay increase, Paid Continuing Education courses and Core (refresher) classes (time spent at classes will also include hourly compensation), 401k, Paid time off/Holidays, Uniforms supplied, Training for State mandated security guard license. Additionally opportunity for advancement with addition pay increase.
Securitas Employee Benefits, "PERKS" Purchase and Discount Programs
- • Wireless/Cell phone discounts on monthly plans and accessories
- Automobile Purchase Discounts
- • Appliances • Computer Equipment
- • Travel Benefits
Securitas LEAD Program- Opportunity to receive a college education.
Benefits Enhancement Program:
Omada- Takes charge of your weight
Livongo- Monitors your Diabetes
Smart Dollar - Access interactive financial tools.
Securitas Online Academy/LMS
- Employment contingent upon completing the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join the Securitas team!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.80 to $15.85 /hour