Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: November 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Clearance Level: DoD Secret Clearance
We deliver essential technology services to our customers in support of their missions to sustain the national security and economic interest of our nation. SecuriGence is seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer to help contribute to our success. Come help us solve problems with Innovation Through Intelligence.
- Works under general supervision developing the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion
- Develops required specifications for simple to moderately complex problems
- Expertise with current and anticipated network equipment; COTS 10 Gigabit Ethernet LAN and associated software and hardware equipment
- Collaboration with DLA J6, overseer of the corporate network and underground cable
- Coordinates with the Task Order PM, COTRs and government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters
- Planning, performing, and documenting laboratory assessments of hardware and software for both the classified and unclassified DISN Services to ensure proper connectivity and operations between the DLA WAN, the DLA's NOC, and DISA's NOCs
- Coordinating with the government customer to create a Technology Assessment Plan (TAP) to include the objectives, scope, equipment and configurations, technical approach, procedures, schedules, and roles and responsibilities required to complete the DLA LAN technology refresh and upgrades. These assessments may include independent cost estimates
- Preparing After Action Reports (AAR) that document the approach taken, results, recommendations and supporting rationale
- Identifying new and emerging network capabilities as well as developing product evaluation and selection criteria
- Developing system evaluations methods and procedures
- Producing formal documentation of recommendations for executive briefings
- Ensuring interoperability between DLA WAN (NIPR and SIPR) and DISN network equipment and services
- Planning and tracking for implementation tasks
- Creating necessary supporting configuration artifacts such as network maps, detailed designs, test plans, operations readiness test reports, device configurations, and maintenance processes and procedures
- Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) engineering services to the government customer
- Wireless Technologies
- DISN Video Teleconferencing over ETN/SoETN and DLA WAN
- VOIP considering DISA Switched Network (DSN) efforts
- Digital Streaming Video
- Technology refreshes and upgrades to include all core DLA WAN systems and equipment
- Identification and evaluation of emerging standards as they related to the DLA WAN and DLA/DOD mandates
- The Senior Corporate Enterprise Network Engineer performs a variety of routine project tasks applied to network engineering.
- The selected candidate will also review industry and government data relative to technology changes affecting the DISN and commercial telecommunications sector and provide preliminary design and implementation data to support the strategic planning process. At a minimum, the candidate will need to address the above areas regarding design and implementation.
Minimum five (5) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience including at least two projects in the following technical areas (at least one project must have occurred within the past three (3) years):
- Deployment of separate LAN network to support Industrial Control Systems
- Deployment of a separate Pulse Secure Remote Access infrastructure
- Pulse secure engineering and tier II/III troubleshooting support for the Pulse Secure Remote Access VPN architecture
- Support the design and DLA LAN/FW equipment installation
- Working with the DISN SIPRNet, NIPRNET, IP Core, DRSN and DVS
- Technology refreshes and upgrades
- Tier III troubleshooting
- Classified Network Support
- Provide core network engineering services to support the full development lifecycle for the LAN including design, implementation, installation, testing and transition to sustainment of LAN equipment
- Analysis of hardware, hardware configuration, security policy, network management, network protocols and security solutions in support of network functions related to the interoperability of the LAN, ETN/SoETN and DISN
- Security/Certification requirements:
- Must have Secret Clearance with IT-I eligibility
- Must hold or be willing to acquire one of the following DoD 8570 Baseline IAT Level III certifications
- CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- Must have active CCNP
- Must have or be willing to obtain CCSA/CCSE certification
- Must have or be willing to obtain one of the following Cloud certifications:
- AWS Cloud Practitioner
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- CompTIA Cloud+
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Potential for 25% CONUS and OCONUS
SecuriGence LLC (SG) is an agile, Veteran-owned small business headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Established in April 2010 we have been supporting the Department of Defense and other United States Civil agencies in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, Cyber Security, and Cloud/Virtualization Management.
SecuriGence provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Get fresh Software Engineer Top Secret Clearance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.