Cyber Security Engineer
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Arlington or Oakton, Virginia.
Clearance Level: Secret Clearance
We deliver essential technology services to our customers in support of their missions to sustain the national security and economic interest of our nation. SecuriGence is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to help contribute to our success. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have desire to contribute to our tradition of excellence in solving our customer's problems and helping them meet their mission's needs, then we want you. Help us solve problems with Innovation Through Intelligence.
- Responsible for analyzing the security of hardware (SoC, MCU, etc.) and low-level operating system components of consumer devices.
- Responsible for providing systems security support for the protection of information system assets.
- Implementation of technology that supports network defense, vulnerability management, and incident response based on our client's unique mission needs.
- Assess and review risks and work with product engineers to create mitigations.
- Develop and execute policies, standards, and procedures.
- Develop and deliver security training, promote awareness, and educate product engineers on technology.
- Research on the latest standard methodologies, trends, threats and vulnerabilities, and technology frameworks
- Splunk subject matter expert, responsible for engineering and maintenance of multiple clustered instances
- Implement and maintain security stack components, such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, SIEM, and host-based security systems.
- Mature the existing Splunk instances to support robust incident detection and insider threat programs.
- Build system configuration baselines that leverage the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) for both Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
- Engineer event log correlation solutions to support effective customer response to security incidents.
- Conduct incident response actions based on detected events and incidents.
- Validate and develop cyber security requirements.
- Develop cyber security engineering solutions for various aspects of security.
- Work with stakeholders in functional and technical areas in support of engineering tasks
- Provide customer with reports and other informational products.
Skills and Experience
- 4 years relevant experience
- Experience building and maintaining Splunk instances in a DoD specific environment.
- Experience using Splunk or other SIEM to correlate events and identify possible security events and incidents; must then be able to track down root cause of these events and work with CIRT team to conduct incident response actions.
- Proficiency in both UNIX/LINUX and Windows system administration and configuration.
- Proficiency in networking technologies and principles; routing, switching, subnetting.
- Familiarity with deployments to and implementation of security functions in virtualized environments (VMware & Hyper-V)
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX/LINUX, and applications logs, such as database and web server logs
- Experience implementing and auditing DISA STIG hardening configurations.
- Working knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Bachelor's degree. Can be substituted for Associate's degree with 2+ years relevant experience or 4 years relevant experience.
- DoD Secret Clearance is required.
- 8570 Level 2 Certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, or SSCP) is required.
SecuriGence LLC (SG) is an agile, Veteran-owned small business headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Established in April 2010 we have been supporting the Department of Defense and other United States Civil agencies in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, Cyber Security, and Cloud/Virtualization Management.
SecuriGence provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
SecuriGence LLCArlington, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.