The Cyber Defense Analyst and Incident Responder leads security event monitoring and correlation within a tiered Security Operations Center. The selected candidate should have proven experience and the ability to:
- Leverage computer network defense (CND) analyst tool-sets to detect and respond to IT security incidents.
- Implement standard procedures for incident response interfacing with Information Security Officer and IT staff is required. This role conducts research and document threats and their behavior to include monitoring external CSIRTS/CERTs; provides recommendations to threat mitigation strategies; employs effective web, email, and telephonic communications to clearly manage security incident response procedures; and performs routine event reporting over time including trend reporting and analysis.
- Experience in security or network technology (Unix/Windows OS, Cisco/Juniper Routing-Switching) within a hands-on design/Implementation/Administration role is required.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP-IP protocol implementations for all common network services in addition to demonstrated capability to perform network packet analysis and anomaly detection.
- This role is professionally certified, within a CND discipline, as Technical Level III as defined by DODI 8570 is a requirement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute intrusion detection monitoring and incident response and management processes and procedures IAW DoD policy and USTRANSCOM direction
- Provide intrusion detection monitoring and incident management, to include installation, configuration, operation, and system administration of the GFE intrusion detection monitoring and incident management tool suite on-site 24x7 at Scott AFB
- Provide on-site support at locations other than Scott AFB will be on an as needed basis and as directed by the government
- Use intrusion detection monitoring and incident management tool suite consisting of network and host-based sensors, log consolidation mechanisms, analysis platforms and other products that may be directed or procured
- Identify unauthorized activity against USTRANSCOM information systems and networks on NIPRNet and SIPRNet and initiate appropriate incident response actions
- Perform installation of intrusion detection monitoring and incident management tools IAW USTRANSCOM processes, including requesting/coordinating hardware/software procurement (including lifecycle upgrades); performing project management, e.g. government provided requirements management tool and schedules; building and configuring systems to be Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliant; performing functional testing; developing system authorization/accreditation supporting documentation, requesting security evaluations and remediation of findings; and performing operational deployment
- Perform the day-to-day mission execution of the intrusion detection monitoring and incident management and response activity
- Perform the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the intrusion detection monitoring and incident management tool suite
- Document changes to intrusion detection monitoring and incident management tools (e.g., software installs, patching, software configuration changes, etc.) in accordance with Change Management policies and provide configuration management data on all of its managed systems according to the schedule and format directed by the Government
Desired skills include:
- Experience with cloud-based hosting environments
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk is desired.
- Collect and provide the Government with monthly metrics on intrusion detection monitoring and incident management activity
- Maintain current documentation on intrusion detection monitoring and incident management processes and procedures and provide the following deliverable documents to the government IAW the assigned suspense dates
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience OR a total of 12 years of related experience. IAT Level III and Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CNDSP) certifications are required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Why Work Here?SecuriGence LLC (SG) is an agile, HUBZone Certified, minority and Veteran-owned small business headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Established in April 2010 we have been supporting the Department of Defense and other United States Civil agencies in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, Cyber Security, and Cloud/Virtualization Management.
Exceptional leadership, great benefits, opportunities for advancement
Saint Clair County, IL