We are a fast-growing IT Mobility Solutions provider based in Charlotte, NC. We work primarily with the Healthcare, Education, and Enterprise market segments. We provide IT Solutions focused on Mobility and Wireless, Data Security, and Networking.
We are looking for a Network Support Engineer that can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. This person will help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and support network systems. This person will be comfortable interfacing with customers, contractors and vendors.
• Provide network technical support to our customers
• Configure, test, and maintain customer network equipment and related services
• Identify, diagnose, and resolve customer network challenges
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all customer technical support
• Utilize support platforms to proactively monitor and support customer networks
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation in support of customers
• Participate in preparation of solution designs for current and potential customers
• Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors
• Obtain and maintain industry standard certifications
Required Experience & Qualifications:
Hands-on experience implementing and administrating networking devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights/security within a network environment:
-Firewalls and network edge security
-Web content filtering
-Networking Infrastructure including routing, switching, and VPN
-Wireless Networks (controller and\or controller-less based systems)
-Windows Server/Active Directory/Certificates/RADIUS/NPS/IAS/LDAP
-A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
-A practical level of experience implementing, administrating & troubleshooting common
TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
-Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
-Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
• 3+ years of network administration or network engineering mandatory
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably engineering and IT related)
• Current CCNA or CCNP strongly preferred
• Training or certification with wireless LAN technologies a plus
• Experience with a support\service ticketing platform preferred
* Experience with Aruba Networks, Fortinet, and Ekahau preferred..