SecondMuse champions and supports the growth of future economies by designing and leading programs that involve workshops, events, mentorship networks, curriculum, and other efforts to build and grow community ecosystems. At the core of our community-sourced approach is a dedication to creating and fostering cohesive narratives and deep relationships throughout the ecosystem. We have organized innovation programs in over 100 countries and 250 cities, sourcing solutions from every corner of the world. Each program has challenged our teams to develop targeted approaches to find, and then support, visionary leaders with a diverse range of experiences, motivations and cultures. We invite you to help build with us--leverage our proven strategies to build strong communities and influence local, regional and global networks, and add your own contribution to our growing team and portfolio of programs.
SecondMuse is seeking a full time Program Manager to join our NYC-based Technology Programs team. The team is responsible for delivering strategies and programs in the United States for government, philanthropic and corporate clients in areas connected to data, climate tech, space, emerging tech and manufacturing. The Program Manager will be responsible for developing and managing high-level project plans, ensuring deliverables are met and budgets are aligned with company expectations. The Project Manager may also manage other projects with government and corporate clients in the emerging tech, data, and/or climate tech sectors.
Specific objectives in the first 6 months will include:
- Objective 1: Facilitate a participatory research and consultation process between multiple stakeholders to identify, document and obtain buy-in on insights, recommendations and actions within the outsource, higher education, and research sectors over the next 5 years
- Objective 2: Ensure timely project deliverables and milestones through project management, client management and stakeholder engagement
- Objective 3: Coordinate, develop and obtain buy-in of a strategy report based on the insights and recommendations identified through Objective 1
- Project manage, facilitate, and execute the strategic planning process for a nonprofit client in the tech and research sector
- Facilitate a collaborative consultative process between key stakeholders, committees, focus groups, and larger tech and research community to determine a strategic direction for the organization over the next 5 years
- Design consultation process, including for interviews, surveys and workshop sessions
- Design, strategic inputs and document development capability to the project
- Stakeholder management and facilitation
- Project planning, timeline creation and management, and program recommendations based on discovery and design
- Primary and secondary (desk) research as needed
- Analysis/reporting, and drafting of a strategic plan based on the findings of the work
- Align project goals with SecondMuse imperatives and OKRs
- Facilitate post-program documentation and review (monitoring and evaluation requirements).
- Manage the project budget, monitoring the burn rate and ensure that the program work is completed within budget
- Work with the program team to manage scope and proactively address scope changes. Request billing to invoice the client at appropriate intervals. Keep internal finance and program systems updated as needed
- 5+ years of experience with or program management and facilitation, ideally in tech tech, higher ed, and research sectors
- Extensive experience and comfort in kicking off new projects, navigating ambiguity, and adapting to evolving program needs
- Program or project management experience, managing project budgets, monitoring spend, and ensuring deliverables are completed on budget and on time
- Experience working across multiple teams and stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience with primary and secondary research, focus group coordination and management
- Experience designing and delivering new consultation processes, defining workflows, and implementing for multiple stakeholders
- Annual salary based on experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer contribution
- 401(k) with employer 3% guaranteed contribution
- Employer monthly mobile phone contribution
- Flexible work options
- Generous paid time off program, including paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave programs for all new parents
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time to participate in volunteer activities that enhance and serve our communities
SecondMuse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.