License Practical Nurse
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $28 Hourly
The LPN is responsible to the RN Supervisor and its clients for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Registered Nurse.
The LPN will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established nursing protocol procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
- Assist in data collection on the Client Data Record to include hospital chart and medication mars,
- Contribute to the development of the client plan of care based on the identified patient problems/needs,
- Carry out RN and/or physician orders accurately, directly and indirectly by reading RN book for order changes and ensuring all appointment/health visit forms are signed by RN on duty,
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care administered relative to the client identified problem/needs,
- Understand inventory procedure and ensures adequate supplies are available.
- Document pertinent observation and intervention on appropriate record,
- Perform selected tasks related to client care and the client’s environment in a safe manner,
- Administer medication accurately, observing client response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes,
- Perform limited I.V. Therapy procedures on those clients receiving peripherally inserted Intravenous fluids, as delegated by and observed by the RN,
- Give punctual change of shift report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned clients,
- Effectively communicate clients changing needs and plan of care among staff members,
- Complete all reports, consultation referral requests, and active treatment plans as directed,
- Report client needs/problems and observations regarding client’s condition to the registered nurse and physician,
- Attend mandatory in-service training and staff meetings as scheduled,
- Work collaboratively with other members of the health care team in coordination of the clients care as evidenced by another department feedback,
- Assist in maintaining a clean and wholesome work are and environment. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Second Family, Inc. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values as well as follow all legal requirements in implementing duties according to policies and procedures. The employee shall support Second Family, Inc.’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Education and Training
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Valid registration as an LPN in the State of Maryland
- Completion of Maryland Board of Nursing approved I.V. Therapy course preferred
- Obtain and maintain current First Aid and CPR certificate
- One year experience in medical-fragile/surgical nursing and/or are of specialty preferred.
- Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting and supporting clients.
- Incumbent may be exposed to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens in working environment.
- Incumbent will be required to work at any facility owned by Second Family, Inc. and be responsible for own transportation.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need (standard-shift, rotating shift, standby, on-call).
- Possess knowledge and ability to do client intake requiring both assessment of client history concerning both short and long-term needs;
- Possess knowledge and ability to implement case management principles;
- Possess knowledge of community resources;
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills;
- Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to all company policies and procedures;
- Maintain client and company confidentiality;
- Participate as a team member in a rapidly changing behavioral health care setting.
Every Friday and Saturday 3:00 pm -7:30 am (16 hour shift)
15 minute rest breaks included in 16 hour shift. 30 minute meal break auto-deducted from 3:00 pm -7:30 am shift.
Second Family, Inc.
AddressCapitol Heights, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Second Family, Inc.