Second Avenue is recruiting a talented individual with relevant experience in Project Management relating to residential new construction, renovations, remodeling and repairs for its National Rehab division located in Tampa, FL.
Second Avenue is an alternative, investor driven, privately owned real estate firm focused on solving solutions for homeowners/investors. Second Avenue is a single-family home property acquisition and management platform that provides best of breed management services for moderate sized to institutional grade owners and investors.
Experience working in a medium to large, fast past Single-Family Construction/Remodeling Environment is a Must – As well as Knowledge of Real Estate Trends, R&M, Turns, Rehabs, Construction Terminology and strong computer skills including mobile apps. Institutional level experience would be a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create Rehab and Turn Scopes based on budgets and recommendation from in-house brokers and digital information sources.
- Build and maintain relationships with third-party national service providers to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely coordination and operations.
- Review and approve SOW proposals prepared by third party service provider.
- Accountability relating to definition of work scopes and job costing approval processes.
- Maintain real time knowledge of all applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws and building codes.
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Maintain divisional reporting requirements to clients and other Second Avenue divisions.
- Update internal reports/files on daily basis to assure continuity and efficiency.
- 5 plus years of residential construction and renovation exposure
- Advanced ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft Outlook, Work, Excel and various internal software platforms.
- Ability to prepare and review accurate budgets/scopes relating to repairs, turnkey work & renovations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain confidentiality.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Current driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times (including weekends), except during approved time off.
- Periodic travel within assigned portfolio or to organizational meetings required.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics and Background:
- Minimum high school diploma (or equivalency) required. Associates Degree or higher degree preferred.
- Proven interior design ability relating to Renovations and Rehabs.
- Understanding of common-sense construction approaches and practices.
- Ability to exhibit a proven track record with respect to goal achievement, adherence to planned timeframes and urgency of execution of all related tasks and initiatives.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a wide range of highly experienced peers and principals.
- Experience and knowledge with respect to accounting and management software platforms and related platforms a desirable plus.
- Successful track record with respect to prioritizing multiple initiatives – including rapid execution and sense of urgency regarding completion of key tasks within set timeframes.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and team orientation.
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment.