Principal Autonomous Vehicle Software Engineer
- Expired: November 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal Autonomous Vehicle Software Engineer
Secmation is looking for an experienced software engineering leader with autonomous vehicle, self-driving car, drone, and alike, hands-on software development experience. This individual will be a leader in our product development team focusing on the development of autonomous vehicles and drones that incorporate advanced embedded cybersecurity technologies. In this hands-on role, you will work with Secmation leadership, internal development teams, subcontractors, and customers to translate advanced technical concepts into reality.
You will be leading the development of one of our main projects utilizing technologies and tools to secure unmanned systems. This technology enables rapid prototyping of systems while ensuring they meet evolving cybersecurity certification requirements. Our automated DevSecOps tools provide the software and hardware capabilities to accelerate development and fielding of next generation systems in all unmanned domains from underwater to space.
This is a full-time position available for a hybrid on-site opportunity at our headquarters is in Raleigh, North Carolina (preferred) or in a satellite office located in Pittsburgh or Baltimore/DC Metro area.
Compensation for this position includes competitive salary, full-benefits, company equity, relocation assistance and a signing bonus.
Who We Are:
Secmation is not an IT company. We develop software solutions that implement advanced technologies to protect the next generation of autonomous, intelligent systems, with multiple active Defense projects covering topics such as security of industrial control systems, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), small satellites, advanced manufacturing systems and protection of advanced AI/ML software. We are a rapidly growing company that is looking to expand our team by hiring talented and proven leaders and developers with a growth mindset, who will have a real, direct impact on our business' success and are excited to contribute to the development of advanced technology in these exciting fields. Find out more about Secmation at https://www.secmation.com/.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- BS or higher, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- Lead small teams consisting of multi-disciplinary engineers in successful development of automated systems inclusive of software and hardware components
- Direct robotics, autonomous vehicle, or UAV/drone software development experience is a must have
- Knowledge of control systems, autonomous systems, and embedded software
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Hands-on experience with Robotics Operating System (ROS), MATLAB/Simulink, or similar autonomous system development tools
- U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- Advanced knowledge in control systems, autonomous systems, and embedded software
- Embedded development skills targeting ARM or similar architectures
- Experience working with DoD customers in the development of autonomous systems
Work Location and Position Type:
. This is a full-time position available for a hybrid on-site opportunity at our headquarters is in Raleigh, North Carolina (preferred) or in a satellite office located in Pittsburgh or Baltimore/DC Metro area to support company expansion.Employee Benefits Offered by Secmation:
- Competitive Pay Structure
- Company Equity
- Workplace perks such as high-tech office space, flexible hours, and hybrid work from home schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Military Leave
Secmation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or veteran status.
Certain positions at Secmation may require specific physical/mental abilities. Additional information and provisions for reasonable accommodation will be provided by the hiring manager.
Get fresh Work From Home Autonomous Vehicle Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.