Mid to Senior Cybersecurity Software Development Enginner
- Posted: over a month ago
Mid to Senior Cybersecurity Software Development Engineer
Secmation is looking for an experienced Cybersecurity Software Engineer who has developed software in Defense, medical devices, automotive, robotics, or other complex systems. Secmation is a very successful cybersecurity technology company; we are not an IT company. We develop software solutions that implement advanced technologies to protect the next generation of autonomous, intelligent systems with multiple active Defense projects covering topics such as security of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), small satellites, and advanced manufacturing systems. We are rapidly growing and looking to expand our team by hiring talented and proven developers with a growth mindset, who will have a real, direct impact on our business' success and are excited to contribute to the development of advanced technology in these exciting fields. Find out more about Secmation at https://www.secmation.com/.
As a member of the Secmation software product development team, you will work with our engineering teams and be involved in applications including development of cybersecurity engineering tools, advanced simulation, self-driving vehicles, and protection of advanced AI/ML software. Your knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and their vulnerabilities enables you to develop the software needed to protect systems from modern threats. You don't configure/manage the security of embedded devices, you design, develop, implement, and test their security solutions. You will contribute to products which extend the state-of-the-art in Defense and industrial cybersecurity technologies.
This position is being offered as a full-time hybrid on-site position working at our Raleigh, NC headquarters.
Compensation for this position includes competitive salary, full-benefits, company equity, a signing bonus and relocation assistance.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- BS or higher, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in embedded software development in systems programming, design, coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting targeting ARM or similar architectures and various platforms
- Knowledge of computer and network security principles such as cryptography and intrusion prevention
- Strong C/C++ programming skills with design and implementation of security controls across different development platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter or part of a small team and execute complex development tasks with limited supervision
- U.S. citizenship required. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- Progressive experience developing and implementing computer and network security systems using Linux and real-time operating systems
- Detailed knowledge of security features in operating systems, hypervisors, computing architectures, and System On Chip (SoC) devices.
- Security+, CISSP, or similar security certifications
Work Location and Position Type:
.This is a full-time position. This position is available for a hybrid on-site opportunity. Our headquarters is in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Employee Benefits Offered by Secmation:
- Competitive Pay Structure
- Company Equity
- Workplace perks such as high-tech office space, flexible hours, and hybrid work from home schedule (if working on-site)
- Paid Time Off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Paid Military Leave
Secmation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, or veteran status.
Certain positions at Secmation may require specific physical/mental abilities. Additional information and provisions for reasonable accommodation will be provided by the hiring manager.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?