- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sebastian is a premier provider of communications and construction services in California. With more than 70 years of experience, Sebastian is passionate about providing people with a great place to work. Our high growth and dynamic model offers employees the opportunity for career advancement. As a family company, we value the expertise and experience of our team.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and customer service support for the construction division in Sacramento.
- Receive, file, and hand out all incoming/outgoing mail
- Assist with new hire orientation/set up in Sacramento office in coordination with recruiting coordinator
- Answer incoming calls and greet visitors professionally and pleasantly.
- Collecting documentation to input data into a timekeeping system
- Respond to email and phone communication in a timely and professional manner
- Schedule meetings and document minutes during meetings
- Manage, organize and order office supplies for the office
- Book and coordinate hotel arrangements with employees working out of town
- Perform general administrative support work such as running reports, copying, filing, faxing, and all other duties as assigned.
- Follow a pre-established estimating process and input information into accounting/ estimating systems as required.
- Research bid opportunities, prepare bid packages, and negotiate specifications for materials, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Some light bookkeeping
- Previous bookkeeping experience.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is preferred.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism in handling confidential material
- Proficient in Excel, MS Word, and other computer systems.
- Show strong attention to detail and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Spectrum or other Contreras preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Actively participate in a team environment and practice the “Corporate and Spirit of 46 values.
- Valid California driver’s license and good DMV record.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must have minimal ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach, push, and pull as required for light duties of standard office clerical positions.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Exposure to air-conditioned/heated office environment.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at a regular spoken word level.
- Visual acuity is required to prepare and analyze data, operate office equipment, and determine the accuracy and thoroughness of work.
- If you need accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources.
- Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
- If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
- If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
BusinessView all jobs at Sebastian Corp