Support Services Associate I
- $17 to $22 Hourly
Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that's made it to the Best Christian Workplace 2 years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
The Support Services Associate I works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program- responsible for maintaining facility safety, order, cleanliness, and backup assistance to other staff. The Support Services
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties, we can only consider males for this position.
- Perform random and frequent walks through the entire interior of the building. Record evening report in staff log at the end of each shift.
- Perform Breathalyzer tests and Urine Analysis drug screens for individuals entering the building after curfew or returning from the hospital.
- Handle issues that may arise with individuals during the overnight.
- Do occasional room check or searches as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls on overnight phone and ECP room alarms.
- Assess and record safety hazards and maintenance needs.
- Perform janitorial duties including duties left over from evening shift.
- Assist with a variety of administrative duties.
- Model Christ in all encounters with guests and hold guests accountable to program guidelines by leading them to self-evaluations when necessary.
- Handle office telephones and monitor incoming persons.
- Record and organize messages for clients and staff.
- Provide referrals for callers when necessary.
- Help maintain a positive, pleasant, Christian atmosphere at Hope Place.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.
- Experience working in social services preferred.
All regular fulltime employees, you are eligible to participate in our generous benefits package:
- Medical / Vision with generous dependent coverage
- Dental - 100% company paid
- Long Term Disability – 100% company paid
- Basic Life Plan – 100% company paid
- Voluntary Products (Aflac and Guardian)
- EAP and 24/7 Virtual Mental Health – 100% company paid
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (prorated based on hire date)
- 11 paid holidays + 1 Floating Holiday
- Personal Day and Birthday holiday
- Retirement benefits w/ company match
- Continuing Education Reimbursement Program
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment. Occasionally will stand, balance, twist, stoop, kneel and reach with hands/arms. Occasionally lifts up to 20 pounds and walks, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within the company. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To bring the love of Jesus and hope for a new life to our homeless neighbors.
To see every homeless neighbor - beloved, redeemed, restored
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and must be able to pass a 5 panel drug screen including THC.
are a Christian and agree with our Statement of Faith
want to serve people who are homeless, feed people who are hungry, and give hope to people who have none
desire lasting community with like-minded people
have the skills and the passion you'll need for the work we do
Seattle Union Gospel MissionSeattle, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.