Be part of the fastest growing and exciting sport in Seattle! Seattle Seawolves Rugby is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Manager to join the MLR Championship Team.
The Seattle Seawolves Rugby Marketing Manager will be responsible for lead generation, building the fan base, creating awareness campaigns, engaging fans across platforms and driving business performance that continues to build a solid foundation in the year leading up to the third season kicking off in January 2020.
· Set and execute a marketing strategy that drives an increase of highly qualified and organic leads.
· Be the steward for the team brand and execute the Seattle Seawolves marketing and business strategy.
· Responsible for management of all Public Relations efforts such as media releases, story pitches, media drops, interviews, etc.
· Create and implement creative and innovative advertising, branding, promotional, and grassroots campaigns across multiple platforms.
· Manage social media platforms and website for the Seattle Seawolves with a focus on increased reach and engagement, while clearly and accurately tracking marketing data.
· Coordinate internet and database marketing programs and initiatives.
· Develop marketing materials and procedures to have the department function effectively as an in-house agency.
· Work closely with the Director, Operations and Partnerships to ensure that all marketing efforts maximize ticket sales and sponsorship initiatives.
· Manage all local fan events and engage fans in interactive and innovative ways.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Proven track record of driving growth in lead generation role
· Experience executing and developing targeted campaigns using Mail Chimp, FB Ads and Google Retargeting.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business or related field required.
· 3-5 years of marketing experience with an emphasis in lead generation.
· Knowledge of Data Base Marketing software.
· Familiarity with publishing software such as Publisher, Illustrator and Photoshop.
· Expertise in marketing and digital technology landscape, including industry trends, terminology and overall knowledge of the sports entertainment and media landscape.
· Proactive thinker who is always looking for ways to evolve and elevate the brand.
· Strong understanding of consumer behaviors as it relates to brand affinity and purchase behavior.
· Advanced communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent independent time management skills.
· Must be able to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
What We Offer
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision benefits
· Unique opportunity to help build a professional sports franchise
· Fast-paced, rapid career growth opportunity
About Seattle Seawolves Rugby
A founding member of Major League Rugby (MLR), the Seattle Seawolves kicked off their inaugural season in 2018 at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila, Washington. With an ownership group led by Seattle-based entrepreneurs Adrian Balfour and Shane Skinner, the organization strives to develop, cultivate and expand the game of rugby in the U.S. while fostering discipline, duty, respect and a spirit of inclusion both on and off the pitch. Through community outreach efforts, the Seattle Seawolves fulfill a key pillar of the franchise’s philosophy, enriching the Puget Sound region’s youth through engagement, leadership, and service.
Major League Rugby games are televised live on the CBS Sports Network, ESPN+, and Root Sports (AT&T). Learn more at www.seattleseawolves.com.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org