SUMMARY Assists in loading furniture into van and unloading furniture by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Respond to requests for service and assistance.
• Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly. • Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
• Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper and packs them into containers.
• Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
• Delivers and stacks shipment on customer’s premises.
• Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment.
• Collects or picks up empty containers, packing materials.
• Must know, use, and follow all DMS safety regulations.
• Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures.
• Must know and use generally accepted industry practices for vehicle housekeeping.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training is preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must wear appropriate attire.
COMPETENCY To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality.
• Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.