Customer Service Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Interact with customers and donors in a courteous and professional manner, resolving problems, providing information, cashiering and performing other customer service actions.
- Assist customers and donors in a timely and courteous manner by answering questions, resolving problems, processing refunds, applying discounts, monitoring merchandise on "hold" and checking bags and packages. Models high level of customer service.
- Answer store phones, and make intercom announcements and communicates through telephone and wireless audio systems.
- Operates POS system: handles cash, checks, and credit card transactions, closing out cash drawer and balancing all transactions.
- Monitor the level of customer service on all cash registers calling for backup when needed. Monitor employee break schedule, documenting break time and return.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred not required
- 1 year retail experience
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Lifting and carrying 30 - 40 pounds
- Developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers;
- Standing for long periods of time
- Frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders
- Able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain)
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Communicating with the public
- Problem Solving
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting,
- Interpreting data
- Creating written communication, clear verbal and written.
- Completing written orders
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation, paid sick time and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription plans available for you and your family
- 20% employee discount
- Employee Assistance Program for you and everyone in your household
- Training and advancement opportunities at all levels of the organization
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
We believe in the potential of individuals to make positive changes in their lives. We believe that education and training empower people to make those changes. Our vision for the communities we serve is that each person is able to choose rewarding employment, financial security and the experience of educational achievement. We are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We embrace our employees' differences and acknowledge and support our collective responsibility.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressMount Vernon, WA
BusinessView all jobs at Seattle Goodwill