Santa Monica Seafood Company , a leader in wholesale seafood distribution to the food service industry in the New Mexico/West Texas area, is looking for a Transportation Assistant for our Albuquerque Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Transportation Manager in the oversight and maintenance of the delivery routes, driver orientation, driver evaluation and driver training. This role will work closely with the Transportation Manager to ensure safe, effective, efficient and responsive service delivery to our customers. Travel: occasionally is required. Working hours: flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business as working hours vary, with long hours and possibly shifts including weekends common.
Apply at: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SMSE&cws=40&rid=938
We offer a competitive base salary and excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and Paid time off.
Salary Pay Range from 50K-55K
The Transportation Assistant shall perform such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned, including but not restricted to the following:
- Perform ongoing evaluation of route efficiencies, develop strategies for improvement and report suggested changes to the Transportation Manager.
- Assist the Transportation Manager with ongoing orientation, training and evaluation to the Santa Monica driver group and report any concerns to the Transportation Manager.
- Educate and ensure delivery driver awareness of DOT transportation function. Report areas of concern and non-compliance to the Transportation Manager.
- Promote safe work practices in accordance with DOT, and supervisor’s directives.
- Prepare reports as required by the Transportation Manager.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all partner vendors are working efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with clients\ vendors\ other dept. and responding to their requirements.
- Transport management:
- Assisting in directing all transportation activities.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with and making changes due to weather issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Management, Supervisor or similar role
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Familiarity with logistics software, like Roadnet and Samsara
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to hire, supervise and train staff
- Experience in making end user customer deliveries
- Problem-solving abilities
- Must possess a Class A drivers license
- Must be proficient in DOT regulations
- Intermediate knowledge in excel and word
- High school diploma