Controller- Medical Supply Company
Seattle Financial Staffing Tacoma, WA
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a locally owned and operated medical supply company, is looking to hire a Controller to serve as financial advisor to the CEO. This client distributes medical supplies nationwide, with a concentration on the West Coast, and has recently expanded to serve major hospitals as well as more regional clinics. As the Controller, you will oversee the entire finance department and be involved during a critical and exciting growth period for the company. If you are a finance professional with established experience leading teams in a distribution or manufacturing environment, this could be a great role for you!
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Oversee all the functions of the Accounting department- accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations.
- Manage the preparation of monthly financial statements and job profitability analysis.
- Manage key expenditures (fixed assets, leases, vendor records, travel, and entertainment).
- Work in partnership with the part-time CFO, including accounting, banking relationships, budgeting support, credit, real estate, insurance, and taxes.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting & Finance staff.
- Ensure all business and occupancy tax returns are completed accurately and timely.
- Support audits, should they become necessary, providing any needed documentation and support.
- Cash reporting and assistance with cash forecasting.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Great Plans and Report Writer, preferred. ERP experience required.
- Understanding of cost and inventory accounting.
- CPA certification is a plus!
Seattle Financial StaffingWhy Work Here?
Our powerful presence in the Pacific Northwest give you unparalleled opportunities when seeking a new position.
Founded in 1998, Seattle Financial Staffing has been a leading provider of accounting and finance professionals on contract, project, temporary and direct-hire basis. With diverse experience in accounting and finance, Seattle Financial Staffing is uniquely positioned to partner with our clients to consistently provide the best solution for their staffing needs. Whether a Fortune 500 or start-up, our clients continually look to us to help solve their most complex project or staffing issues.
Finance and Insurance