Accounts Payable Specialist
A leading commercial general contractor is looking for an Accountant to add to their team. This company is highly regarded for their innovative and collaborative culture. As the Accounts Payable Specialist you will be processing invoices, payments, credit card transactions, and employee expenses.
The company has a strong reputation and their ongoing success provides the opportunity for talented individuals to grow in their career. You will enjoy working in a casual fast-paced work environment, function as a team player and a self-starter, motivated for success.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Focus is on all aspects of accounts payable and accounting support.
- Process timely and accurate entry of invoices and payments.
- Process revolving credit card transactions and maintain supporting documentation.
- Process employee expense reports and check requests.
- Administration of invoices, vouchers, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts.
- Processing and administration of intercompany transactions.
- Posting and verifying details of funds received and funds disbursed on behalf of the company, ensuring they are entered into the company database and maintained as active records.
- Process general ledger and job cost entries and adjustments.
- Ensure that recurring entries are processed, adjusted, or terminated at appropriate trigger points.
Accounts Payable Specialist Qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years’ previous AP experience
- Strong Accounts Payable experience as well as basic accounting knowledge.
- Construction industry experience is preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills, customer service, and results orientation.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and collaborative member of a professional team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Previous exposure to /proficiency in Timberline preferred.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.