- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spyglass Talent Solutions is a retained search firm partnering with clients to identify and recruit outstanding individuals capable of serving in key disciplines. Our firm has been retained by Sears Contract to conduct a search for their Controller.
Sears Contract is a family-owned, commercial drywall and metal stud contractor. Founded in 1995, Sears Contract is one of the leading contractors in their field in the Carolinas, offering top customer satisfaction, safety and uncompromising quality. The company takes a personal approach to construction management taking great pride in translating the creative plans of an architect into their physical reality.
With both large and small-scale commercial metal stud construction, Sear Contract works in many areas, including corporate centers, retail malls, educational institutions, churches, data centers, healthcare, hospitality, and high-rise office and residential buildings. The company has offices in Raleigh, Charlotte, and Wilmington.
Reporting to the CEO, the Controller will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance functions for the organization. This includes the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
· Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, job costing and financial reporting
· Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
· Maintain financial controls within the accounting department and provide support to management in financial decisions
· Assist with accounting and management of company’s real estate holdings and transactions
· Cashflow management
· Coordinate with outside CPA firm on preparing tax schedules, returns and audits
· Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
· Comprehensive financial analysis to generate business insights, improve performance, assess feasibility, and support decisions
· Manage the production of annual budget and forecasts
· Identify opportunities and lead cost reduction/profit optimization initiatives
· Improve the financial literacy of leadership by leading/coaching/training management on financials and helping them make more informed business decisions
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for assigned staff; assign work activities, projects, and programs; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures of assigned staff to ensure quality and accuracy. Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems.
Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; CPA or MBA credential preferred
· Minimum 5 - 7 years relevant experience and leadership required
· Strong background in financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting, cost accounting and financial management
· Experience with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate preferred
· Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem- solving skills
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
· Strong leader capable of guiding and developing an exceptional accounting team
· Construction experience preferred
Sears Contract Inc
3813 Beryl Road RaleighRaleigh, NC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Talent Recruiter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.