- Expired: October 04, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to Searchspring, we're happy you're applying! We think the most important thing about Searchspring, about working anywhere, in fact, is the people and how they interact.
At Searchspring we foster an environment of caring, helpful, considerate and empathic people. We think that's the best environment to foster excellence, and it is one of the things we care most about in our hiring process. If you are empathic and able to talk with humility and encourage others to thrive, we want to hear from you!
We don't want brilliance without empathy. We don't want creators who don't share. We don't want rock stars that don't contribute to the community.
Do you love being a subject matter expert who is consulted by key individuals on HR related items? Are you thrilled when you help another employee solve a problem? Do you love growing companies where your experience in HR practices will help the company continue to scale?
If any of this sounds intriguing to you, then Searchspring wants you as their Human Resources Manager!
Reporting to the People Operations Lead, you will be responsible for the end-to-end facilitation of all things HR. You'll work closely with all senior leaders as well as all managers to ensure we have an environment that yields respect and excellence.
What does that look like in the day to day?
- Employee Onboarding:
- Conduct employee background checks and administer employee offer letters
- Complete Forms I-9, verify I-9 documentation, and maintain I-9 files
- Facilitate orientation for new employees
- Benefits Administration:
- Administer health, welfare, and 401(k) benefits plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations, ensuring compliance with ERISA and other government regulations
- Lead the open enrollment process
- Partner with Payroll to ensure benefits are properly processed and reconcile benefits statements and vendor contributions
- Manage requests for FMLA/ADA and other medical leave including short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Own company HR policies, procedures, handbooks, and internal audit processes, ensuring adherence across multi-state and international offices
- Own the HRIS, ensuring all employee records are up-to-date and confidential
- Ensure compliance with all employment-related government and state standards and laws
- Ensure annual training compliance
- Manage Worker's Compensation
- Employee Relations:
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations, as required
- Provide a framework for hiring managers to conduct effective performance improvement plans (PIPs)
- Prepare documentation to lead unemployment and EEOC hearings
You are engaged by participating in the success of a fast-paced, growing organization. You love helping others, whether that is onboarding new employees or helping a new manager navigate a complex situation. You enjoy creating solutions that solve problems for a wide variety of people. Your responsiveness and strong sense of ownership are important characteristics that help ensure HR operations run smoothly and effectively.
You enjoy working with others and are a strong communicator with an analytical mind. You are self-motivated and able to take the time to research the best ways to make things work now and in the future. You are a learner who forms opinions and makes suggestions when you see areas of improvement.
- 3+ years of experience in HR
- Experience with Human Resources Information System (HRIS) (ADP Workforce Now preferred)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (JazzHR preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- HR certification and/or knowledge of Canadian HR practices are a plus, but not required
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Human Resources or relevant work experience
- Start Fresh - take 2 weeks paid vacation immediately
- Open PTO policy
- Matching 401(k) plan
- 4 week Sabbatical after 5 years
- 9 paid public holidays each year
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- $1,000 annual education budget
- $500 company donation matching
- Start-up environment with a proven playbook
- You will be part of a small, powerful team
- Company Short Term Disability coverage
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage with option to purchase additional coverage
Base salary ranges from $70k - $100k.
Voted San Antonio Best Places to Work three years in a row and an Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing company.
Searchspring is on a mission to give eCommerce teams superpowers. We are giving the worlds' best merchandisers the user-friendly search, merchandising, personalization, and analytics tools they need to increase conversion and curate unique shopping experiences. Learn more at searchspring.com or visit the websites of some of our most heroic customers like PuraVida, Fabletics, Volcom, Williams Sonoma, or Alternative Apparel. If you love retail, eCommerce and have a passion for developing solutions to complex problems, come join us.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world shops online.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Should you need accommodations during the application please don't hesitate to contact us.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
Get fresh Administrative Human Resource jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.