Fast growing International Chemical Distribution Company headquartered in Suwanee, GA is expanding and looking to add a Senior Logistics and Purchasing Coordinator to the team. Join an entrepreneurial company that is going places, and somewhere you make a noticeable impact! Last fiscal year this organization grew 60% and was named Supplier of the Year out of 30,000 suppliers.
The Import Coordinator position handles and arranges the customs clearance in Western US Ports (Ocean cargo) for all Chemical products.
Detail-oriented Logistics Coordinator who will work as a point of contact for freight forwarders and manufacturers to ensure the on-time delivery of our shipments. Additionally, they will assist with the processing of shipping documents and working close with the commercial department to meet contract delivery dates.
- Coordinate the routing of import shipments with our freight forwarders’
- Work closely with the forwarders to ensure all deliveries are on-time and shipping instructions are followed
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation related to international shipments and process all import documentation.
- Communicate with our customers (both internal and external) with any general shipment related questions, regulations, required information, invoices, quotes, tracking & tracing (shipment status) and all other related to logistic operations.
- Track and manage a large number of containers, break bulk and Rail shipments throughout the US
- Assist in other areas of the Supply Chain Life cycle including purchasing, Inventory analysis, customer support and special projects as needed.
Import Logistics Coordinator Job Requirements:
- BA degree and/or Logistics Operations experience required
- 2+ years import logistics knowledge required
- Must have experience with inbound Ocean Cargo
- Knowledge of Rail transportation preferred
- Knowledge of importing regulated cargo preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and most importantly Excel
- Ability to prioritize (and reprioritize when necessary) tasks to ensure timely completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency in his or her work
- Ability to work independently, yet also be a team player
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
Benefits are comprehensive to include Medical and Dental Insurance, Profit Sharing, 401k with Match, Bonus, Vacation and the excitement of being part of a fast growing entrepreneurial environment.