Electric Vehicle (EV) Field Service Technician
SearchBright Staffing Cleveland, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
POSITION: Electric Vehicle (EV) Field Service Technician
Leading national provider of operations, maintenance, and engineering services for critical renewable energy infrastructure across the US seeking a skilled EV Service Technician
The EV Field Service Technician is responsible for the onsite repair and maintenance of EV charging stations in a specific geographic region, including but not limited to site safety, electrical system maintenance/repair, site field reports, and other duties as required to properly maintain and operate the site within the contractual requirements.
This role must be able to work independently with little to no supervision and will be required to work in the field under various conditions. Evening or weekend work is rare but, may be requested for emergency response. Candidates must have a strong background in electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades/ revisions to a broad range of equipment, ranging from Level 2 EV chargers to DC Fast Chargers
- Perform testing on equipment, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), thermal imagery, torque tests, and performance evaluations.
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and locate/isolate ground faults.
- Work closely with the Planning and Scheduling team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and work orders are completed accurately and on time
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on job-site, properly generate and complete JHA, LOTO, and other safety-related documentation as per OSHA and site-specific requirements.
- Review site manuals and drawings to ensure proper service and maintenance of equipment
- In fieldwork including electrical and mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance of site equipment, site field reporting, work order completion, and other work as needed.
- Quality assurance for all work performed on-site
- Overall site cleanliness
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as required
- Generate professional service-specific reports using a work order system that can be presented to the customer.
- Ensure that all issues at the site are documented in the work order system and are addressed in a timely manner.
- Planned and unplanned overtime and emergency response work may be required
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years’ equivalent experience in servicing power electrics equipment in the commercial or utility energy field and/or formal electrical training
- Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Technical knowledge EV chargers, solar power installations, or other applicable power electronics is preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong understudying of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Electrical – Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) form relevant state (preferred)
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter and work with little to no supervision.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate, track, and complete site work requirements.
- Ability to understand and work within company business processes and ensure an efficient working environment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and quality orientation
- Able to work within a project team and to spend long hours solo
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Travel may be required
- This role requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow (depending on geographic region for the role).
- Working around high voltages and currents.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including hard hat and safety glasses at all times.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands, and fingers
- Working days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
The company offers a family-friendly and innovative culture with opportunities for growth, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance), generous paid time off, and a 401k retirement plan.
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at SearchBright Staffing