EV Charging Field Service Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Leading nationwide provider of outsourced operations, maintenance, and engineering services for mission-critical infrastructure including telecommunication networks, renewable energy installations (solar and wind), electric vehicle charging stations, and large-scale power generation and batteries.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated EV Charging Field Service Technician to become an integral part of our team!! You will assist in maintaining, troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance of electrical components and systems related to Electric Vehicle charging stations
This key role is responsible for the onsite repair and maintenance of EV charging stations in a specific geographic region, including but not limited to site safety, electrical system maintenance/repair, site field reports, and other duties as required to maintain and operate the site within the contractual requirements properly.
This role must work independently with little to no supervision and will be required to work in the field under various conditions. Evening or weekend work is rare but may be requested for emergency response. Candidates must have a strong background in electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform electrical and mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance of site equipment including OEM testing, troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades/revisions to a broad range of EV charging station equipment, ranging from Level 2 EV chargers to DC Fast Chargers
- Perform testing on equipment, including but not limited to; insulation testing (megger testing), thermal imagery, torque tests, and performance evaluations
- Assess and troubleshoot system performance, existing power distribution systems and locate/isolate ground faults
- Assess and troubleshoot power supply data and cellular systems, related to EV chargers
- Work closely with the Planning and Scheduling team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and work orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Conduct site safety assessments and identify all safety hazards on the job site, properly generate and complete JHA, LOTO, and other safety-related documentation as per OSHA and site-specific requirements.
- Review site manuals and drawings to ensure proper service and maintenance of equipment
- Track and report accurate time spent on travel/on-site work.
- Ensure reliable operation of equipment
- Accurately document deliverables according to customers scope of work
- Generate accurate site field reporting including daily work order reports with photos
- Provide total quality assurance for all work performed on-site
- Overall site cleanliness
- Communicate with internal and external customers, as required
- Generate professional service specific reports using a work order system that can be presented to the customer.
- Ensure that all issues at the site are documented in the work order system and are addressed promptly.
- Planned and unplanned overtime and emergency response work may be required
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years’ equivalent experience in servicing electrical power equipment in the commercial or utility energy field and/or formal electrical training
- Previous electrical testing experience, above 220 VAC, OR relevant degree or military training in a closely related field
- Strong electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Technical knowledge of EV chargers, solar power installations, or other applicable power electronics is preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent
- Certified Electrician (Journeyman level) from a relevant state (preferred)
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Strong understudying of OSHA safety requirements, including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Knowledge of schematics and one-line drawings
- Excellent root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and work with little to no supervision.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to generate, track, and complete site work requirements.
- Ability to understand and work within company business processes and ensure an efficient working environment.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and quality orientation
- Able to work within a project team and to spend long hours solo
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- This role requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain & snow (depending on geographic region for the role).
- Working around high voltages and currents.
- Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), always including a hard hat and safety glasses.
- Repetitive use of legs, arms, hands, and fingers
- Working days, nights, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Travel may be required.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
The company offers a positive and innovative culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401(k) Retirement plan. Also provided are a company vehicle, phone, laptop, or tablet (if required for your role), and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at SearchBright Staffing